VW Passat 2018 read out fuel level and odometer value not possible

Hi,
I am currently trying to read out how much fuel is left in the car and how many kilometers have been driven so far.
I know about the standard PID-List (OBD-II PIDs - Wikipedia). There the Fuel Tank Level Input PID can be found (0x2F), I tried the following commands:

obd.query Fuel_Level mode=02 pid=2F header=7DF formula='(bytes_to_int(message.data[2:])*100)/255' unit=% baudrate=500000 protocol=6 verify=false force=true
obd.query Fuel_Level mode=02 pid=2F header=7DF formula='(bytes_to_int(message.data[2:])*100)/255' unit=% baudrate=500000 protocol=6 verify=false force=true

As you can see from the image both don’t receive any data. I also tried it without a formula which resulted to the same message.
I also ran all of the supported PIDs commands and for some reason the VW Passat from 2018 doesn’t support the fuel level pid. I really doubt that, but it should support odometer.

Now the odometer, I tried to receive any data by using these commands:

obd.query ODOMETER baudrate=500000 protocol=6
obd.query odometer mode=01 pid=A6 header=7DF baudrate=500000 protocol=6 verify=false force=true
obd.query odometer mode=02 pid=A6 header=7DF baudrate=500000 protocol=6 verify=false force=true

As you can see by the image also no data received although the car supports it according to the obd.commands command.

So now I wanted to ask is it possibble to get the current fuel tank value and the current kilometer value from a VW Passat 2018.

If this doesn’t work the AutoPi has no real feature since these values would be key values for my project.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.