Software update on the 3rd of October

We have pushed a new release that contains the following changes.

my.autopi.io (cc5d46e5)

• Added ability to connect to your home wifi. (Connect to the hotspot and visit local.autopi.io to see the new configuration)
    It will be added on my.autopi.io soon.
  • Added first version of the diagnostics page which will show any diagnostics codes. (Make sure you have the default dtc job enabled in the jobs section).
  • Fixed minor errors in the triggers view.
  • Added ability to register which CAN busses is available on the vehicle - is needed for some of the up and coming features.

AutoPi Core

• Performance and stability improvements
  • WiFi module has been added, check it out in the terminal (type help)

NB, auto updates are currently disabled, but will be enabled again soon.
Currently the update takes quite a while to finish, and it will restart the services running on the device. So please be patient when installing the updates, it should finish by itself, or retry on errors.
Let us know if you experience any issues.

As always, any comments etc are welcome!

1 Like

Can you describe the behaviour after adding a connection to home wifi ? If the car is away from the home network, should the 4G connection kick in and get used ?

I ask because yesterday I did the update and connected to my home network - the car is now away from my home ( my wife has it ) and I expected to still see updates from the car on the cloud server … but I don’t.

Thanks.

Hi Peter

Yes, that is exactly how it should work.
It should use the wifi connection whenever it is available, but otherwise fall back to the 4G connection.

Can you keep an eye on it and let us know if you keep seeing the same situation?

Best regards
/Malte

1 Like

Thanks - car is home and got connected to wifi to upload. 4G appears to be working so not sure why it it didn’t connect through the day.

I did notice an “invalid date” in the dashboard :

Needs further testing.

1 Like

I must say I’m having a tough time trying to figure out whats going on. What is hampering progress is :

• Boot seems unreliable - often it will not start, other times take a long time until it bleeps
  • Testing in the car is painful
  • No easy-to-see errors

I have seen it connect to 4G network ( three here in the uk ) but not today.

I’ve got a feeling I need to get it out of the car, power it externally somehow and get shell access to see the console and read logs. Is this possible ?

I managed to get a terminal window open and ran through the 4G diagnostics … turned out I had re-instered the SIM the wrong way around. Doh.

Some better luck over the last day or so with this update. However I have noticed :

• When setting up autopi on my driveway, I think I used up too much of the car battery capacity causing the autopi to shutdown. It took a few miles to get the bettery back up to required level for the autopi to be stable.
  • I see autopi break a single trip into two with missing data … so data capture is not yet reliable. Curiously it was always after 1 hour of driving
  • Cloud should distinguish between “no data available” and “zero” - for example I see coolant temperature and intake temperature go to 0C even though that wasn’t possible due to the ambient temperature

Anyways, I’m mostly going to wait now for the features showing in the tutorial videos.

My Autopi crashed during upgrade, and now I can not connect to it through wifi from iOS-devices. What to try?