Software update on the 17th of March - Many improvements and new events.
A new release has been pushed that is containing the following changes.
- Added advanced settings for gyroscope support.
- Changed template-created bus to be set to default.
- Changed template apply behavior to automatically overwrite on conflicts.
- Increased time between device wake up.
- Added support for creating alerts from events.
- Disabled accelerometer logging by default.
- Changed user permissions view to show device unit id.
- Fixed race condition that could result in wrong advanced settings being saved.
- Removed requirement for custom code modules to start with “my_”.
- Fixed issue in account users tab.
- Removed deprecated most_recent_position v1 endpoints, please use v2 instead.
- Added devices/by_unit_id endpoint.
- Added new callback functionality for the execute endpoints.
- New SocketCAN devices
- Support new SocketCAN based TMU device
- New socketcan module to manage the physical CAN interfaces
- Accelerometer motion events
- vehicle/motion/stead - when the vehicle is in a steady state
- vehicle/motion/shaking - when the device can detect some small shake in the car (e.g. driving or the engine’s rumble)
- vehicle/motion/jolting - when the device detects a very fast change in acceleration (e.g. going over a bump or breaking really hard)
- Link to docs: Vehicle | AutoPi Documentation
- Accelerometer data is no longer stored on the cloud by default (due to the new motion events)
- On the topic of accelerometer: gyroscope data is now able to be collected
- It is disabled by default
- You can enable it in the advanced settings
- New Smart Power Manager (SPM)
- The new SPM chip comes with all of our new devices
- The SPM is now responsible for measuring the voltage from the OBD-II connector
- It also is the one responsible for waking the device up and putting it in hibernation if needed
- SIM initial connectivity is now improved
- SIM cards with roaming will take a bit longer to connect the first time, but should connect in the end
- ec2x module has also received a few new functions, check out our docs for more info on those
- New hotspot connected/disconnected events (System | AutoPi Documentation)
- system/hotspot/client//connected - for when a new client connects to the hotspot
- system/hotspot/client//disconnected - for when a client disconnects from the hotspot
- New USB connected/disconnected events (System | AutoPi Documentation)
- The same as the hotspot events, but for USB devices instead
- This includes the already built in USB devices
- Accompanying this change, a new usbutil module has been added
- It’s also now possible to set a list of expected USB devices in the advanced settings
- Added SMS message events
The update can take quite a while to finish, and it will restart the services running on the device. So please be patient when installing the updates, it should finish by itself, or retry on errors.
Let us know if you experience any issues.
As always, feedback, comments etc are welcome!