RPI 3 Autopi DIY setup with touchscreen (no 4G)

Subject of the issue

RPI 3 Autopi DIY setup

Your environment

Steps to reproduce

Looking for the guide to get this setup. I’ve setup the hardware, os is on the sd card. .

Expected behaviour

Tell us what you expect should happen

Actual behaviour

The screen doesn’t have any bootup on the screen or any SSID. Also looking for my dongle ID. Not sure where to find that.

Hi James

Have you seen these guide?

best regards
/Malte

I saw this, but the instructions are a bit disjointed. To clarify, is this the correct steps?

*Then installing the X environment and configuring it to run in Kiosk mode on the RPI3 based on information taken from this post
Raspberry Pi 2/3: Chromium in Kiosk mode
In short I ran the following commands in SSH:

• sudo apt-get update
  • sudo apt-get upgrade
  • sudo apt-get install unclutter chromium-browser
  • sudo apt-get install --no-install-recommends xinit
  • sudo apt-get install lightdm
  • sudo apt-get install raspberrypi-ui-mods
  • sudo nano ~/.config/lxsession/LXDE-pi/autostart

Edit the config with (This is up to you to define based on you needs, this example should not be taken as the correct or only way):

#@lxpanel --profile LXDE-pi
#@pcmanfm --desktop --profile LXDE-pi
@xscreensaver -no-splash
@point-rpi
@xset s off
@xset -dpms
@xset s noblank
@sed -i ‘s/“exited_cleanly”: false/“exited_cleanly”: true/’ ~/.config/chromium-browser Default/Preferences
@chromium-browser --noerrdialogs --kiosk https://my.autopi.io --disable-translate

After this you should now have a Kiosk mode RPI3 with touchscreen enabled that is using the http://my.autopi.io/ UI.

Issue: cant find /home/pi/.config/lxsession/LXDE-pi/autostart
Solution:
A) Copy the content from the global autostart into your /home/pi/.config/lxsession/LXDE-pi/autostart or,
B) Put all your commands in the global file and don’t create a user autostart file.

Hi,

Because there was no activity for a while at the topic I close it. If your problem still exists or find another one, please do not hesitate to open a new topic or mail to support@autopi.io

Best regards,

Armand