Power supply for AutoPi

Hi Peter
Now it works fine again :slight_smile: Thank you.
Some solution for Hyundai Ioniq electric soon?
I have tried can bys record but have not get any inormation from my car yet .
Regard Jörgen

2 Likes

Hi @jorgeli

Good to hear.

We have some very exciting updates for the next release. Some of them will be relevant for the EV community. We hope to have this released right before Christmas.

We are actively working in improving the experience for all of our EV/PHEV customers and this is on our shortlist of task to do first.

best
Peter

3 Likes

Hi Peter,

About EV, i’ve Hyundai Kona EV, my car uses his auto check battery controller to charge service battery when it’s necessary with big battery.

Therefore I want monitor all time my Kona, i’m waiting for EV update, but now I tried to keep always alive system , but I can’t do a good config or I not understand clearly ?

Please can you post a ideal parameter to keep always alive autopi ? Thanks

When car go -> always on
When stop -> frequently updated, for charge ( if you monitor is charging - update frequently )

1 Like

Hi Alexandro

There are a few different ways to do that, but currently we don’t have a always on option, as our main priority has been to avoid the device using too much power and draining the battery, as that is pretty much the most realistic worst case situation we can think of.

So currently there is no setting that changes the device to always on, but it can be configured a few different ways.

There are a few different things that will make the device turn off / go to sleep

Sleep timers
Which is the various default schedules that makes the device go to sleep after a specified period of time.
These timers can be configured via the console command

power.sleep_timer

To clear all timers, the parameter enable=false can be

power.sleep_timer enable=false

An easy way to do what you want, is to add a custom job, that calls the above power.sleep_timer module, with the enable=false argument, and with a checkmark in “run on start”.

That would make it clear the timers whenever the device starts up, and thus it will not go to sleep again.

Low voltage
The low voltage change be configured to be different voltage levels, and how long a specific voltage should be measured before it will trigger a shutdown.
That can be configured in the advanced settings - but unless this becomes an issue, changing these settings should not be necessary.

When the device is running, you can use the command

power.status

To get information about what made the device go to sleep the last time it wen to sleep, so if it shuts down anyway, you can use that command to see if your battery voltage gets too low, and then act on that information, by either changing the the voltage configuration, or by checking if you battery is on good condition etc.

Best regards
/Malte

1 Like

Hi @jorgeli! Did you manage to get information about charge status when the car is turned off? I just ordered a 4G dongel. Hoping to get some battery information from a Kia e-Niro.

No Not yet. But hope for the next update
Regard Jorgen

Please follow us on Kona EV - Ioniq EV Thread that are parents of Niro EV , a big release about EV is doing from creators … all we are waiting :slight_smile: check on many threads opens :slight_smile:

1 Like

I see that there is a bug on power on state about rpm on ev cars, therefore always on on the go is ok when it will go overhead this issue , about standby I resolved with on/ stand cycle 3 min , Kona EV give power issue error under this value , up no problem .

Must find a way for autopi to now when the car is on.
Now it is shut down after a while .
Of course you can change time how long it will be awake but longer trips it not help.

If you look in another topic, this is the issue of EVs. ICE cars have rpm PID and that gives the AutoPi an idea when the car is running. EV cars don’t have this so it is a bit more tricky :slight_smile:
As far as I know the team is working hard on finding a solution.