Add the Hyundai Ioniq 5 Model to Community Library

Hi Team,

I’ve just got started with autopi with a Hyundai Ioniq 5 (note this is a different make of car to the Hyundai Ioniq) and am starting to get some basic things working. Can whomever runs the Community Library please add the “Ioniq 5” as a drop down selection to the “Model” category in the library and also as an option in the Vehicle’s Editor? I’m not asking for someone to pre-populate that library with working PIDs (although that’d be swell), but as I am slowly unpicking the PIDs into the autopi formats, I might as well start sharing back. I note that the PID structure (3 digit mode and 3 digit PID) is different from the original Ioniq.

I do note that autopi publically advertise the Ioniq 5 as compatible on the main website (Hyundai Ioniq 5: Improve Your Driving Experience | AutoPi), so I was a little surprised to see it not in any lists and with zero working PIDs already.

Thanks

Hello mak5, and welcome to the community!

We have just added a new model for the Hyundai Ioniq 5 and you can use it right now in both the Community Library and the Vehicle Editor.

It would be awesome if you could share some of your findings with the rest of us. We always encourage our community to go out there and tinker with both their vehicles and the AutoPi device.

Happy hacking.

With regards,
Dragos

2 Likes

Thanks Dragos,

I’m still figuring a few things out, but I’ve been able to successfully have the autopi turn on when I want it on (driving or charging), and sleep when it should sleep. I have also got state of charge successfully being read which is great cause I can track charge levels when away from the car. Many more metrics to extract from the car, but I’m quite happy with progress so far. I’ve shared what I’ve got working on the community thingy too. The autopi cloud interface is certainly more feature rich than I was expecting also - nice one team.

For anyone else interested, I didn’t reverse engineer the Ioniq 5 PIDs, they came from here: GitHub - Esprit1st/Hyundai-Ioniq-5-Torque-Pro-PIDs: Hyundai Ioniq 5 OBD2 PID files for Torque Pro. I used some tips from this post: Copying txt PID file from Torque Pro - #2 by plord on how to convert them into autopi’s format.

Thanks again.

1 Like

thanks my issue has been fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.