3rd Gen DIY w/Rasberry Pi 3 stuck in reboot cycle

Subject of the issue

Hi there, I recently got my 3rd gen Autopi DIY dongle and am having a problem with reboots every 30-60 seconds. I am running a 13.5v power supply to the Dongle so it is not a power issue. I have read that this behavior can be caused by when the Salt MInion does not send a heartbeat, meaning there is something wrong with the minion. However I can’t really get any logs or anything like that as the frequency of the reboots only leave time for inputting at most one command. Confirmed that the problem is not the Pi itself as it runs a regular version of stretch just fine.

Your environment

3rd Gen DIY dongle w/Rasberry Pi 3 B+. Version 27-05-2020

Steps to reproduce

Simply boot the pi (happens both in car and at lab) and it will reboot within 30 seconds.

Expected behaviour

Should remain on

Actual behaviour

Unit reboots every 30 seconds

Output of power.status command

If your issue is in any way related to the device shutting down or behaving in a unexpected way, please provide the output of the power.status command to help us diagnose the issue.

Run the command

power.status

in the terminal on local.autopi.io, and paste the result here.
Unfortunately I don’t have enough time to get the results of the command as the unit reboots after 30 seconds. When I do have time to run the command it reports that the API is not ready.

Do’s & dont’s

• Do not write your unit-id anywhere.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.