Widgets on the Dashboard

Curious to know if you have the ability to add widgets on the dashboard for apps? Similar to adding a widget on the Android platform, I was hoping to have a Spotify Widget that will allow me to play music directly on the dashboard. I ask as I have eliminated my stereo head unit and connect my phone to my stereo through my Bluetooth amplifier. I’d like to connect my autopi to my amplifier instead of my phone and control the spotify music from the dashboard as well as receive audio alerts and such, that would be ideal.

1 Like

Hi Dave

Not yet, unfortunately, but it’s something we want users to be able to do.
We have not quite decided how it should work yet, but it’s on our roadmap.

So if you have any input to how you’d like it to work, feel free to describe it in more detail.

/ Malte

I’d like to add it like I’ll add any of the other widgets, pick it from a list. Or maybe have the ability to support a web browser as a widget so I could log in with that.

I have searched online and found that it can be done with Spotify Connect. https://eltechs.com/spotify-connect-raspberry-pi/

Maybe this will help??

HI All,
I’m looking to buy an autopi. Would be grateful if I could find answers to these questions relating to widgets. Would like to see a demo of widgets possible and get some understanding of how to enable items

1. Would like to find out how/if I can easily add widgets onto the dashboard? It seems that in 2018 this wasn’t possible. Is it possible now? (to add widgets simply and easily without needing to code them myself)

2. Could you please direct me to a location where I can see the available widgets before purchasing.

3. I’m keen to get a good understanding of how the use cases from (What can I build? - AutoPi) would be configured/setup in AutoPi.

I’m quite happy to purchase the device if I can get a clear understanding of what’s possible and what’s practical.

Many thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

Hi Makehavoc,

We’re happy to hear that you have interest in our device. And the community is always happy to answer your questions.

To answer your three questions, I have divided them into 3 answers, as your questions.

1. It is possible to add widgets onto your dashboard as a drag-and-drop function. Furthermore, the dashboard is fully customizable such as; widgets can be added, moved, resized and removed again. For more information, you can find it here: Fully Customizable Cloud Management Platform | AutoPi
  2. We currently don’t have a page showcasing all the available widgets, however, it might be a idea we will implement in the future. However, the widgets are very flexible and are essentially able to show pretty much every data coming from your vehicle. The cool thing about our widgets, are that everybody is able to play with it, and customize it to their liking and needs.
  • Additionally, you can sign up in our cloud, and take a look around yourself: AutoPi.io Cloud.
  1. Our device is built on top of the Raspberry Pi as a standalone product, which comply with the philosophy of which the Raspberry Pi was built on. Meaning, you’re essentially able to built a vast amount of use cases. The What can I build? - AutoPi page is there to showcase examples of use cases, some of which is fairly easy to built, and some requires more knowledge. Our documentation site is very helpful in these situations: Getting started | AutoPi Documentation

Hope this answers your questions.

If you further questions, don’t hesitate to ask :slight_smile:

Best regards,
AutoPi.io Support
Tony Do