Connection lost with Autopi dongle from cloud

Subject of the issue

Describe your issue here.

Your environment

• What version is the dongle? (Find on software state page on my.autopi.io)

Steps to reproduce

Tell us how to reproduce this issue.

Expected behaviour

Tell us what you expect should happen

Actual behaviour

Tell us what happens instead

Do’s & dont’s

• Do not write your unit-id anywhere.

I connected the Autopi configured all well. Then I turn off car and when I get home I can connect to dongle from the cloud. But after a while and being idle I’m not able to connect to the device again I have to manually disconnect and reconnect the obd connector. Screenshot_20181021-160046

Hi @Pravin,

Thank you for reaching out.

This is the intended behaviour of the AutoPi. When your trip ends the device will power itself down after 30 minutes. This is to ensure that your battery in your vehicle isn’t drained, when you dont use the device.

You can always wake up the device again by sending a text message to the number associated with the SIM card.

best
Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your answer. I have monitored the events on my.autopi.io. it seems that the dongle goes to sleep after 10 minutes when ignition is off. then every 10 minutes it wakes up. Very slow but sure it drains my car battery being on 12.9 at ignition turned off and now 12.4 next morning (12 hours later) without starting the engine. So it works fine in a way. But what if I don’t use my car for 3 or 4 days. Surely when not using your car for weeks the car battery drains, but will the autopi dongle not speed up the car battery discharging process?

Looking forward hearing from you,

Best regards,
Pravin

Hi @Pravin,

There is a safety mechanism on the board, which will make sure the AutoPi doesn’t wake up if the voltage is below 12.2V. This ensures that your battery will never drain.

We do recommend that if you leave the car for longer periods (weeks), without driving, that you disconnect the AutoPi. Just to be sure.

best
Peter

1 Like

Thanks for your quick response.

Can you tell me more on the roadmap and widgets to come as shown in the demo video?
Also what can you tell me about business opportunities since I would potentially resell the autopi and deliver install and configure services?

Greetz,
Pravin

Of course. As you can see from the announcement section, we do continious software releases on a bi-weekly basis:

https://community.autopi.io/c/announcements

There is actually one coming up tomorrow, with a lot of exciting news. The widgets will be included in one of the coming releases and we expect to be up to full speed within the next couple of months or so.

For the last part, you will need to reach out to sales@autopi.io, they can help you with these enquiries.

best
Peter

1 Like

Thanks Peter,

I’m excites to work on this “project”.
Last question.
Is there a cheat sheet with SSH commands to list e.g. IP/MAC/GPS and other device information?

Best regards,
Pravin

I dont know if I would call it a cheat sheet, but you can access help information from any module by simply entering the .help after each module, an example is:

ec2x.help
power.help

and so on. If you just enter help in the cloud terminal, you will get a list of modules available. The help commands is autogenerated from the source code of the AutoPi Core. You can find the core here, if you would like to look around in the code:

best
Peter