Software update on the 8th of May - Event reactors, stability and minor dashboard improvements

i dont know how to do it
but, autopi is flashed with new image, (3 times to be sure) I am not sure if it is the last one: 06.03.19 v2 ??

So, what I understand is, all my data created (custom code) is on your cloud.
but he don’t want to synchronies and put in my dongle. but job is ok and synchronies well.

what is the problem ?

Hi Malte, The logfile is sent to you on support@autopi.io

Have a good weekend and keep up the good work :slight_smile:

1 Like

I noticed this morning that sleep seems to be no-longer working. I used to see events like -

but now no sleep -

Also, no workers are configured -

I used to see in my logs line like -

2019-05-04 08:27:16,667 [cloud_cache :177 ][INFO ][858] Uploaded batch with 76 entries from queue 'pend'

but now only -

2019-05-11 05:11:28,125 [cloud_cache :177 ][INFO ][823] Uploaded batch with 2 entries from queue 'pend'

I also used to see -

2019-05-04 07:54:17,058 [messaging :615 ][INFO ][941] Starting 4 worker thread(s): _uart_keepalive, readout_30sec, readout_10sec, readout_1sec

but now -

2019-05-11 08:10:31,009 [messaging :616 ][INFO ][24571] Starting 1 worker thread(s): _uart_keepalive

Should we still have workers named readout_30sec, readout_10sec, readout_1sec ?

What do others see in advanced -> Services -> OBD Manager ? I see only _uart_keepalive -

I’ve got _uart_keepalive, readout_1sec and readout_30sec. Nothing for 10 seconds. And for now I’m continuing to receive data.

Ah. Many thanks.

I might try and delete my loggers and re-create them to see if that reinstates the workers.

1 Like

Didn’t re-create the workers :frowning:

So looking for advice from @Malte or @Peter to see if this is the suspected cause of the issue and how I can re-create the workers.

I’ve got the same issue as @plord - all workers missing except _uart_keepalive post update.

Edit: sleep works fine for me, though.

I suppose if we can get a screen shot of a working configuration we might be able to manually re-create it.

After playing with it some more, seems like mine’s working as expected, despite missing those.

It’s on a bench, but the GPS position, voltage and raspi temp are getting updated fine, and sleep works.

Odd.

Yea my sleep started working after a reboot and rpi temp and location was always working.

What isn’t working is uploading OBD data ( eg power, soc etc )

3 Likes

I confirm not data to loggers, I also underline that loggers has also old data not deleted, it’s useful a cache delete button … I ve many old logger useful .

At now dashboard is usable !

1 Like

Hi guys, we are looking into this.

Did anyone of your notice if you had loggers/workers running any time after this update?

Best regards
/Malte

So, we have found the issue, and are working on a fix.

Currently when a vehicle type is a Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV), it will not send the loggers to the device. That filtering should only happen when the loggers are default, as we know that BEV’s will not respond to the default PID’s - so there is no need to ask.

But unfortunately the filtering is a bit too aggressive, and will also filter out all your custom loggers.
I expect to deploy a fix to this in the next few hours or so.

Sorry about the inconvenience, and thank you for reporting this!

FYI: If you are using the loggers functionality, make sure that you do not override the obd_manager service, as changing that service to custom is a way to more tightly control the workers that are executed on the device, but it also takes over, and disables the loggers functionality.
Both can not be used at the same time.

Best regards
/Malte

2 Likes

We have updated the handling, so if you now go to the loggers page, you should see all the loggers again! :slight_smile:

If you go to loggers or the obd_manager service, and click sync, it should apply all the loggers to the device.

Let me know if you have any issues!

Best regards
/Malte

3 Likes

I see the OBD workers have appeared for me :slight_smile: many thanks. I’m on vacation at the moment but hope to test tomorrow.

Many thanks

2 Likes

Its all working for me again :slight_smile:
Thank you!

1 Like

Hi. Thanks for the update.
I had re flashed the device from old image.
There is not the new on github.
I wait for
But my question is: if I make update, it is same as flashed the device with new image ?
So in this case I don’t need to flash with new one ?
Now I try to update, but custom code don’t synchronise.
I forced the update without succès.
And my image is this from mars…

Hmm for some reason I still don’t get any data back from my car.
I’ll try to manually execute the obd commands and see what happens this afternoon.
If it works manually, it’s the workers that aren’t working, if not, it’s something else.
I have “No data in date range” since update (even since last one). I have driven and charged in the meantime.

1 Like

I’m not seeing any OBD data either. ( I’m unable to do much investigations until later in the week )

1 Like