Software update on the 5th of October - New alerts, new advanced settings and a lot of minor improvements

Software update on the 5th of October - New alerts, new advanced settings and a lot of minor improvements

We have pushed a new release that contains the following changes.

Cloud

New functionality:

• Added alert if device powers down due to critical voltage
  • Added accelerometer widgets to default setup
  • Added advanced setting to add iptable entries

Fixes and stability improvements:

• Improved advanced settinsg editor widgets for multiple choices
  • Improved visibility when syncing pending changes
  • Improved datepicker usability
  • Moved advanced device settings page to make it easier to find what you need
  • Fixed issues with last known position endpoints
  • Fixed issue with single value widgets
  • Fixed issue with trips
  • Fixed issues with logger fields
  • Fixed issues with rendering of events on map
  • Fixed issue with bounds in maps
  • Fixed issues with web terminal

AutoPi Core

Fixes and stability improvements:

• Fixed USB hub issues where devices would not be detected depending on version of RPI used
  • Updated various dependencies
  • First line of improvements to compability with buster

Advanced settings:

• Added ability to specify timespans in which a device should stay awake
  • Added ability to set sub second interval on GPS position logger

The update takes quite a while to finish, and it will restart the services running on the device. So please be patient when installing the updates, it should finish by itself, or retry on errors.

Let us know if you experience any issues.

As always, feedback, comments etc are welcome!

Did the cloud API behavior change with respect to trying to retrieve the latest vehicle speed or RPM (i.e. with aggregation=None)?
Specifically for cases when the vehicle is not currently moving\engine is turned off - i.e. I want the latest reported value.

I am querying the following URL to get the latest speed
https://api.autopi.io/logbook/storage/read/?device_id=<DEVICEID>&field=obd.speed.value&field_type=float&aggregation=none&from_utc=2020-01-01T00:00:00Z&size=1

This used to work prior to the update but now returns status=400
I haven’t tried to see what happens when the engine is actually running yet.
Is there a way I can change the above query to return the last logged value?

The behavior is the same in the Dashboard if I create a widget for speed and set Aggregation to None. It says “An error occurred while retrieving data” whereas in the past I think it just showed 0 or the last value.

Thanks!

Does the AutoPi team have a proposed features timeline going forward? I am specifically interested in the Raspberry Pi 4 support.

Also is there an ETA on when the prebuilt images for flashing will be placed on GitHub? I know it generally takes a few weeks.

We have just deployed a small fix to my.autopi.io to fix some issues with the events page datepicker.

@alexanv We are looking into this, thank you for letting us know.

@Zaf9670 Yes, RPI4 support is planned, I can’t say when it will be finished, but I can say that we do have a prototype up and running that we are currently testing :slight_smile:

Hi @alexanv

This will be fixed in the next release.
The issue basically is that if you send that query for a period where there is no data present, it will return the 400 bad request error.

So if you request for a period where there is data, it should behave as it always did, by returning the last value reported.
If this is not the case, please do let me know.

Best regards
/Malte

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.