Software update on the 4th of April - Bug fixes, Alerts and some stability fixes

Wifi hotspot working after a reboot.

@Malte after a lot of faffing about, here’s my hypothesis… if the LTE network takes a bit before it starts letting data through (i guess it happens with some providers), minion tries to contact master and fails. And if it fails, it keeps on failing for some reason (same BadStatusLine error) forever.

Solution - ping master and wait for it to respond (indicating LTE network is finally letting data through) before bringing minion up.

Additionally, the power timers don’t get suspended during updates, causing issues on EVs or when running on a bench. Device should be always on while the update is running.

All of this is just guesswork, though, so i’m probably completely off.
I’ve resolved all my issues except the original one - i need to reboot the device multiple times until i luck out and have the cloud working.

My is unstable , I think it can be useful try to use an old image ?? But It can not work with cloud … so how can do ??? It’s 7days of died

Still no go for SMS wakeup after last update. Modem power save is off, connection to cloud and wifi OK. Is there a way to rollback to an older update without doing a reflash?

/Mats

I’m seeing the gauge is doing averaging - IMHO, a gauge needs to be “the last known single valid value”.

2 Likes

You can change it to mix, max, sum or average. Not very useful though :frowning:
Last value would be great.

1 Like

Upon browsing through the Autopi github repo, turns out i was wrong with the assumption that it doesn’t kill the power management during update state. It does (it deletes all queued up state changes before an update), but for some reason, that didn’t work in my case and it went through a few retries with sleep in between before it finally updated.

Also found out it brings up minion before the network is up (on purpose, for some reason). So if network not being up at the right time were the issue, it probably would’ve been an issue everywhere / for everyone.

So… still no idea why it’s having so much trouble talking to the cloud.

To make things more puzzling, whenever it happens, i can ping hub01.autopi.io just fine from the dongle. It’s just that i keep getting the same “Connection aborted” from cloud.status over and over and over again.

Just tried it again.

First boot (since Apr 14th) - connection to cloud working.
Let it go to sleep, woke it up - “Connection aborted”.
Another sleep, another wakeup - “Connection aborted”.
Hibernate, then wakeup - “Connection aborted”.
Complete power down, then on - “Connection aborted”.

4G, Wifi, hotspot, everything working fine except for the connection to cloud/master.

It’s dead, Jim.

@Peter we can have support on this ? 2 weeks my autopi not works … ti’s not acceptable

I must block buyer group on Italy of Kona EV, it’s not safe at now

Hi All,

Can you please reach out to support@autopi.io with this?

They will help you debugging and get your device working again.

Please notice that when you reflash your device, your ID needs to be reapproved in the Cloud again. This is also described in this post:

Best
Peter

1 Like

Thanks I do it now , and I send old id and new

I send UNIT ID but I see are the same , wait a reply @Peter

1 Like

I’ve copied over the old minion credentials, so no “re-accepting in the AutoPi Cloud” was necessary.

Besides, as i’ve mentioned multiple times now, it sometimes connects to the cloud.
In about 1/10 boots.

On further research, the BadStatusLine exception comes from the Python request package.
It typically indicates it has received a non-parsable response from the server, or an empty one.
Could you check your access logs to verify what’s happening? I can provide timestamps if needed.

Edit: sent a report to support.

2 Likes

@Peter and @Malte , I must underline to you that is 3 weeks of my autopi died, I send on this blog info , I send logos on email , but I no have reply.

It’s not a good support this, therefore please, you can not sell products and not have a RMA procedure, also how can advice your products if support is leaked as I see.

I’m little bit astonished of this, if I can’t resolve I must use PayPal as third party but is force brute procedure and I not want use, but how can I do ?

Hi @asetyde,

I’m not completely sure what the problem is with your device. I’ll follow up with support to check on your case, but from what I can see the last reply was received from you just before the weekend. Unfortunately we dont have 24 hour support, or support out of business hours, so you need to expect a couple of days for use to investigate and reply to your case.

But we reply and solve all cases, so dont worry.

Best
Peter

hi , But now what is solution ? I send logs (before crash 16 April ) two time and reactivation 17 April , 18 and 19 logs of minion.utils

At now is unusable ( it’ can’t find 4g but also wifi not work ) .

I’m wait but I hope it will fixed

At now Is linked to cloud via WiFI … but in every case I 'vr tried (sim change and position …) sim not work

reply :
event.system.network.wwan0.reason: No SIM card present

My issue is resolved, is a pin on mask of pin , please do a useful support guide to help people to find fast this issue

1 Like

Hi Alexandro

I’m glad that you got it working, and thank you for reporting with details, we will look into if the device needs to report more feedback to prevent other people from having the same issue.

Can you confirm that the issue was that the sim card required a pin number, and that the error was not shown in the local configuration tool?

Best regards
/Malte

Yes 3 pin front side was too down to touch SIM card , yes is not showed , it says no SIM card