Software update on the 4th of April - Bug fixes, Alerts and some stability fixes

Software update on the 4th of April - Bug fixes, Alerts and some stability fixes

We have pushed a new release that contains the following changes.

Frontend - my.autopi.io

• Added Alerts section.
  • Added first source of alerts: On errors when parsing the logged data from the device (Useful when using custom loggers).
  • Added ability to set the type of your vehicle, in settings. (Electric Vehicle, Internal Combustion Engine etc)
  • Fixed minor issue in trigger email notifications.
  • Fixed issue where changing active device would not change the vehicle.
  • Fixed issue where scrolling the dashboard on mobile would instead pan the map.
  • Fixed minor layout issues.
  • Changed events data to show in a more readable format.
  • Added beta gauge widget to dashboard.
  • Fixed issue with deleting vehicles.

AutoPi Core

Changed voice speaking of events to only speak events on changes.
This fixes the issue where the device would keep repeating the same messages every minute.

Note: auto updates are currently disabled, but will be enabled again soon.
Currently the update takes quite a while to finish, and it will restart the services running on the device. So please be patient when installing the updates, it should finish by itself, or retry on errors.
Let us know if you experience any issues.

As always, any comments etc are welcome!

2 Likes

Hi @Malte i reset all my data to use electric conf for rpm and I delete my custom logger to re post but system refuse and put all standards … I can’t delete 55

Hi Alexandro

You can’t currently delete the RPM logger, as that’s required for the system to work. But soon you will be able to change how the lifecycle of the device is handled, to make it work for EV’s.

But you should of course be able to override and restore the loggers without receiving an error, I will look into that issue now.

Best regards
/Malte

1 Like

yes I I want put my logger and when ii can possible , decide mandatory to my rpm of Kona EV, also some logger not being displayed using gauge (battery % ) I see 14 last days … can be a trick in this ? … if you not have 14 days data , not display ?

my library has only my pid, I not use other standard 05

What did you do when the internal server error was displayed? Restore defaults?

no restore ok , but before I clear my all (not touch rpm ) , after i sync , all defaults come back automatically .
ok , to safe , i restore to defaults and go ok. I try to delete one of this and give me error

1 Like

It will only show the last 14 days data in the preview when configuring the widget, 14 days is used instead of the default 2 days in the dashboard because the preview should show some data, and setting the range to 14 days is simpler than adding a date picker to make the range editable. I’m not sure if this answers your question?

because show me not data.

I can’t remove logger , error continues

ok soon soon soon because this is critical for us , Aux battery are continues recharge .
“But soon you will be able to change how the lifecycle of the device is handled, to make it work for EV’s.”

1 Like

Working on it, it will be fixed later today :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Where have all the data gone? :slight_smile:

I have tested the PIDs used by the loggers and they work, but I don’t get any data in the widgets on the dashboard, since 11am today. Anything to do with the update today?

Edit: I have not yet updated the dongle. Perhaps it works after updating.

logger

Many thanks for the update, the gauge is working for me ! Also managed to delete old cars which is nice.

A couple of niggles with the update process -

• ssh from wlan got overwritten ( firewall rules ) - it takes some effort to re-install this
  • Initially the autopi didn’t re-start
  • I saw some logs relating to not being able to run any OBD commands … maybe related to @sysdev problem ?

That sounds odd, if you had updated the device, and it had stopped working, then I would say that the update could be the issue, but when you have not updated yet, then I’m not sure what happened.

Do you have anything in the logs around that time that could explain it?
Has it started logging again?

@plord
Great, we will probably add some more configuration to the widgets soon!
Yeah, the update process checks if everything is in the correct state, and modifies it if it is not, so any edits to any files managed by the system will cause it to revert it to the “correct” state… I’m not sure what the solution to this could be, but I think we will look into handling this some way where it doesn’t just revert all changes.

After the update completes, a dialog should ask you to reboot, did that not show?

Best regards
/Malte

Sound good, we have gauge now, but still only on web interface.
not on the web app phone
This is missing is the gauge need to be refreshed every minute for battery level for exemple
PNG IMG_3021

I see in the logs at that time it was stuck in a loop -

2019-04-04 16:19:49,184 [obd.interfaces.elm327:327 ][INFO    ][843] Connected successfully to vehicle: Port=/dev/serial0, Baudrate=576000, Protocol=6
2019-04-04 16:19:49,548 [obd_conn         :113 ][ERROR   ][843] Failed to open OBD connection
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/cache/salt/minion/extmods/utils/obd_conn.py", line 104, in open
    fast=False
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/obd/obd.py", line 65, in __init__
    self.__load_commands()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/obd/obd.py", line 132, in __load_commands
    response = OBD.query(self, get)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/obd/obd.py", line 273, in query
    messages = self.interface.query(cmd_string, header=header)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/obd/interfaces/elm327.py", line 563, in query
    lines = self.send(cmd, read_timeout=read_timeout, raw_response=not parse)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/obd/interfaces/elm327.py", line 610, in send
    raise ELM327Error(self.ERRORS[line], code=line)
ELM327Error: No data received from vehicle within timeout

Yes, all seems well now … just seems to be a glitch during the update process IMHO.

1 Like

Yes, its up and logging now. Haven’t checked the log yet

Working for me -

Screenshot_20190405-084914_Chrome

Although in general, I do see the phone sometimes just not update - so I don’t believe this issue is constrained to the new gauge.

Yes, exactly, I agree.

If we can’t do this on the cloud then we’ll need a native app I guess.

1 Like