Software update on the 25th of September - CAN Message support in car library, hooks, EV improvements
After a long time with a lot of work being done, we are finally ready to release it all.
We expect to get back to the monthly release cycle after this release.
We have pushed a new release that contains the following changes.
Frontend - my.autopi.io
- Added “trips” section to Advanced settings. From here you can control which events that will create and close trips. Will be useful for EV owners.
- Added support for CAN messages in Car Library. Will allow users to listen on CAN Based signals and share them with other users. Will be useful for EV owners.
- Added support for CAN based loggers in loggers section.
- Redesign of software release UI. Allows better overview of failed/successful updates and reasons why. Also included historic updates, to keep track of previous attempts.
- Added horizontal/linear gauge widget to dashboard
- Added text widget to dashboard
- Added “triggers” and “enricher” types to workflows
- Added possibility to export trips to CSV, from trips page.
- Added better filtering of trips
- Added server side assisted GPS calculation to trips, to get better overview of path until GPS is fixed.
- Made Cloud terminal more mobile friendly
- Changed layout of top menu bar, to allow a larger list of cars
- Made it possible to resend confirmation email
- Added vehicle make/model and type to register page
- Added “util” as a type in the Custom Code UI
- Added advanced config of configuration for “upload events” and “sleep timer” events. Will allow EV owners to better control powering.
- Added badge for unsynced settings in advanced configuration
- Added possibility to tag trips as “personal” or “business”
- Added units and additional input validation to advanced settings
- Added cron editor to Jobs menu
- Added possibility to create trigger directly from Events page
- Added possibility to disable cloud upload by setting interval=0
- Added badge to alerts menu, to show open alerts
- Added notification to change WiFi password, to increase security on device
- Fixed bug where map zoom was reset on refresh of widget.
- Moved advanced settings away from profile settings, to give easier access
- Fixed a bug in the dashboard, where gauges would not fetch the last known value, but an average of previous values.
NOTE: A reboot will be performed during update because of a required patch. The reboot will happen automatically and the update procedure will continue.
- Added support for custom event triggers in workflows. On my.autopi.io see new hooks pane in the service editor. An upcoming community post will show an example on how this functionality can be used to trigger custom events to control the power cycle of the dongle and also starting and stopping trips in the cloud.
- Added support for parsing CAN messages with DBC files. See: http://docs.autopi.io/services/obd_manager/#can
- Added more advanced configuration parameters that can be changed from my.autopi.io. For an overview see: http://docs.autopi.io/configuration/
- Added reason field to the “vehicle/position/unknown” event. See: http://docs.autopi.io/events/vehicle/#position-events
- Bug fixes and stability improvements in OBD integration.
- Fixed hostname error when logged on through SSH.
- Ensure original order of data when retrying upload to cloud.
- Stop fast worker threads when updating software release to improve performance.
- Fix issue in WiFi hotspot (hostapd service) after upgrading to latest Linux packages.
A new firmware update to the EG25-G module has been released. This firmware update applies to 2nd Generation 4G/LTE dongles, shipped out before September 1st 2019. All devices shipped after this date has already been firmware upgraded. Please follow this guide if your device needs this update:
Note: Auto updates are currently disabled, but can be enabled in the advanced settings.
The update takes quite a while to finish, and it will restart the services running on the device. So please be patient when installing the updates, it should finish by itself, or retry on errors.
Let us know if you experience any issues.
As always, feedback, comments etc are welcome!