Software update on the 1st of March - Car explorer PID library, improvements to power usage and more configuration possibilities

Hi guys

We pushed a minor bugfix release today that includes the following changes.

Frontend

• Added error message if the user attempts to delete a PID that is in use in a logger.
  • Minor bugfixes to the way error messages are displayed to the user in forms.

Backend

• Fixed issues where it was impossible to duplicate a PID due to the name having to be unique.
  • Added logic that will help to make sure that data sent from the device is mapped to the correct types in our storage system. FYI: We had to clean up some of the new data the devices has started to log, to fix the situation.

Best regards
/Malte

1 Like

Woohoo, you guys are awesome :slight_smile:
I just disabled the power saving option for modem, now I just need some time to play with PIDs :slight_smile:

1 Like

My autopi has started to talk :slight_smile: Please advice on where this ā€œDisableā€ setting is. I only can see the events in the advanced settings in the cloud (ā€œCouldnt ping google.comā€).

When you login to the AutoPi cloud, click on your avatar (picture in top right corner), choose Settings.
Then choose Dongles (up on top of screen), then click on Advanced. Scroll down to Audio and un-click SPEAK ALERTS. Donā€™t forgot to click save.

This is all good, once your AutoPi connects to the cloud. If it doesnā€™t do that, well you can use one phone to make a WiFi Hotspot and another phone to connect to AutoPi locally and make it connect to the hotspot you just made. After that it should sync with cloud settings and should stay quiet :slight_smile:

Hope this helps?

1 Like

Hi Nejc,
i found this settings, which was good hidden, THANKS a lot :slight_smile:
Didnt test it yet, but im pretty sure it works.

May i know why this setting is enabled by default? It might be necessary for live tracking maybe, but if the Cell signal is out of coverage at any moment during the driving, you still cant do anything about itā€¦ So what is the reason for this ā€œliveā€ info? Our mobiles, laptops dont say that either when the signal gets lostā€¦ :slight_smile:

Also, i must say, the autopi community and cloud are getting better and better. The reply times from our devs was ALWAYS one of the best i know from any other support.

Keep this up, guys, Great job, and I (we) appreciate it! :clap:

1 Like

Umm I hope youā€™re not mistaking me for one of the devs, because Iā€™m just a user :smiley:

But yeah, I have no idea why this was enabled as default.

Glad I could help :slight_smile:

hehe,
previously Peter and Malte have answered the queries, so i thought you are one of the team members. I hope the good words will find the destination anyway :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep, they are great!
I try to help when I can, nothing else really :slight_smile:

1 Like