Software update on the 1st of March - Car explorer PID library, improvements to power usage and more configuration possibilities

Thank you for the update. Do you have in your roadmap the possibility to manage dongles? I have 2, old and new want, and I prefer to delete the old, rather than have it as an option.

Thank you.

No update for us who are waiting for EV compatibility?
I think you are missing a big opportunity if those features are postponed.
I’m waiting eagerly! :slight_smile:

Hi Nil

No not currently, but you can send an email to support@autopi.io and then they will be able to remove the old device if you wish.

Best regards
/Malte

Hi John

Actually it’s quite the opposite, this Car Explorer functionality will allow the EV guys to create the PID’s that are needed to retrieve the information that you need.
EV support is the most important thing for us right now, and has been for a while.

The next release will include changes to the way events are handled on the device, this will make it possible to configure our event triggers, like from the type of the vehicle (EV) and or the make and model. It will also be possible for you guys to customize it and help us handle EV’s in the best way possible.

We will post more about this starting next week.

Best regards
/Malte

3 Likes

To dig deeper into the Car Explorer, we have created this guide.

Please let us know if you have and feedback, both to the functionality and or the guide itself, if we are missing something crucial etc.

Best regards
/Malte

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.

That’s excellent, looking forward to it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

Still getting the same issue as the last few updates. HW is still RPI3 and have tried reflashing the device and also using all available USB ports. No difference when trying to update.

Also same issue when connecting the AutoPi to the car, it cant correctly figure out what correct protocol config to use.
Edit: After a few retries to get update installed, the 4G connection fails to go on-line.
Also can not connect to local UI.

Br,
Mikael

Hi Mikael

Sorry to hear you are experiencing all those issues.
From the looks of the results from the update, it seems that you may have an issue with your USB connection between the RPI3 and the main board. The modem is connected via USB, so if it fails to connect to 4G as well, then it seems like it’s an USB issue.

Can you send an email to support@autopi.io so that we can open a support ticket and figure out what the issue is.

Best regards
/Malte

With the 4G/LTE low power mode during sleep, is it still possible to remotely wake the device up via SMS? That doesn’t seem to be acting the same for me after applying the update.

Thanks!

Hi Eric

No, that is unfortunately not possible at the moment.
But we are adding a new setting in the advanced settings that will enable you to disable the low power mode.
We had planned on getting the setting included in the last release, but we unfortunately had to push it to the next release, and we are sorry about any inconveniences it may cause you.

Best regards
/Malte

1 Like

It would be great to be able to disable the low power mode. I can’t even try to do anything after the device goes to sleep.

@Malte
My autopi is still not working…
I had send you a email

image image image

Hi guys

We pushed a minor bugfix release on friday that includes the following changes.

Frontend

• Fixed an issue where the terminal would incorrectly parse a string as a number. This means that the header does not need to be quoted anymore.
  • Fixed minor visual issues in Car Explorer

Backend

• Fixed an issue where a logger would be missing the formula required to parse the response from the car.

I might have accidentally saved this as a draft, instead of publishing…
Well, better late than never.

Best regards
/Malte

1 Like

Hi Remy - The support ticket has been created, we’ll take it there.

Best regards
/Malte

1 Like

Hi Nejc

Yep, we’re working on it :slight_smile:
Out of curiosity, when are you using the wake on sms feature?

Best regards
/Malte

1 Like

Hi Malte,

I’m mostly using wake on call feature when my car is charging and I want to “play” with the AutoPi.
I didn’t yet find a way to prevent it going to sleep while driving/charging so this is one of the options I can/could use. I would need AutoPi to be on during charging as I usually plug my car in the evening. Then I would have a few hours before car gets charged and stops responding to OBD2. Car goes to sleep a minute and a half after charging stopped / car was turned off.

1 Like

The setting to disable the newly added power save mode has been added in the advanced settings under Power.

Sorry about the inconvenience guys :slight_smile:

Best regards
/Malte

3 Likes

Hi guys

We pushed a minor bugfix release today that includes the following changes.

Frontend

• Added error message if the user attempts to delete a PID that is in use in a logger.
  • Minor bugfixes to the way error messages are displayed to the user in forms.

Backend

• Fixed issues where it was impossible to duplicate a PID due to the name having to be unique.
  • Added logic that will help to make sure that data sent from the device is mapped to the correct types in our storage system. FYI: We had to clean up some of the new data the devices has started to log, to fix the situation.

Best regards
/Malte

1 Like

Woohoo, you guys are awesome :slight_smile:
I just disabled the power saving option for modem, now I just need some time to play with PIDs :slight_smile:

1 Like