Software update on the 1st of March - Car explorer PID library, improvements to power usage and more configuration possibilities
We have pushed a new release that contains the following changes.
Frontend - my.autopi.io
- We have added the new car explorer section that will show you which PID’s your car supports. You can also create new and use PID’s from the community library. We will post a guide that will describe how it all works.
- The OBD loggers has been changed to use the new PID library. So that you can now add PID’s to your library, and then configure the loggers to use them.
- We have opened up for the add-ons section. In this sections you will find new features when they are created by the AutoPi team. You can manually install/uninstall add-ons as you need them.
- Improvements to trips, it will now show the address of the starting and ending destinations, if available.
- Many improvements to the way processes and workers works.
- Always retry update of release (if ‘failed’ or ‘pending’) during startup
- 4G/LTE modem are put into low power mode during sleep as default.
- Audio speak of important alerts enabled as default. Can be disabled in advanced settings in cloud.
- Configurable data upload interval, through advanced settings in cloud.
- Configurable GPS logging interval through advanced settings in cloud.
NB, auto updates are currently disabled, but will be enabled again soon.
Currently the update takes quite a while to finish, and it will restart the services running on the device. So please be patient when installing the updates, it should finish by itself, or retry on errors.
Let us know if you experience any issues.
As always, any comments etc are welcome!