Remotely waking up your device

How about calling the number?

Hi,

I tried everything, but still no luck waking up from the device with sms.
powersavings settings set to false.

Hi Peter,

is there a solution for this issue?
I used to be able to wake up from sms, but given the suggested solution still no luck waking up the device with sms. calling the number works fine.

Hi Pravin,

Did you clear the SMS queue? Can you confirm that you dont have any text in the message queue as suggested above?

best
Peter

Hi all

The command ec2x.sms_format_config value=1 seems to fix the issue in my case. This is mentioned in this post by Malte :Read incoming sms

Only thing is, how do i schedule this to run at every start, as the modem is not storing this config?

BR, Rene

Hi @rem66,

You can setup a Job to run at start with that specific command only. That should do the trick.

best
Peter

Hi Peter,

Sorry for not paying attention 
my bad :frowning_face:
executing the command (ec2x.query ‘AT+CMGD=1,4’) fixed the issue.
I’m now able to wakeup from sms again.

Thank you 
!

best regards,
Pravin Heera

1 Like

Hi Peter

I have tried 10 variants of setting up the job, but none seems to work. Could you please tell me what i exactly should put in the fields?
Run on start = true
Cron schedule = ?
Function = ec2x.sms_format_config value=1 (?)
Arguments: Should the be used instead?
Returner = ?

BR, René

Returner is “cloud”
Cron is * * * * * for every minute.
Like this image

Is there a way to wake up the device with a data signal instead of SMS? My SIM card comes with unlimited data, but no ability to get SMS or calls.

You can’t call the number? Or you don’t even know the phone number?

If you just call (even if roaming, AutoPi doesn’t answer the call), it should probably work?

There is a temporary number assigned, which is subject to change when the SIM is power cycled. Calling the phone number doesn’t work; calls and SMS do not go through.

Oh wow, that’s a bummer :frowning:
Sorry no idea on this one.

Yep, I don’t have any GSM/LTE coverage in my underground garage, but I have wifi
 Is it possible to Wake On Lan? Or similar way to get the device running without possibility to send SMS. Anyway, how users of Autopi wifi wake their devices?

Thx

Would be interested in this too.

Hello!

Currently there is no external wake up through WiFi.
When the device is sleeping the WiFi connection is deactivated,and as such the only way to wake up the device is either through a change in voltage,or by sending an SMS to the SIM card in the AutoPi.

Regards,
Alexandru