Raspberry Pi 3B+ with AutoPI 4G/LTE Power Issue[SOLVED]

Has anyone ran into this issue while trying to get the AutoPi working with the Raspberry Pi 3B+?

I cannot get the 4G/LTE Board to be work over the usb connection. I’ve tried all the various solutions such as adding a udev rule, using the following syntax

ACTION==“add”, SUBSYSTEM==“usb”, DRIVER==“usb”, KERNELS==“1-1.3”, RUN+="/bin/sh -c ‘echo 1 > /sys/bus/usb/devices/1-1.1.3.3/bConfigurationValue’"

I’ve additionally added the “echo 1 > /sys/bus/usb/devices/1-1.1.3.3/bConfigurationValue’” line into the /etc/rc.local.

I’ve confirmed the device appears using lsusb and it identified the board correctly in dmesg but everytime I power up I get the following dmesg output:

usb 1-1.1.3.3: rejected 1 configuration due to insufficient available bus power
usb 1-1.1.3.3: no configuration chosen from 1 choice
usb 1-1.1.3.3: No support over 100mA

The 4G/LTE board was working fine with the Raspberry Pi Zero but I can’t for the life of me figure out why the board wont work with the 3B+.

Thank for any help

2 Likes

Hi,

Just saw your post. I am facing a similar issue, but in my case it happens when trying to connect a webcam:

Although I have no solution, probably the fix will be the same, if we manage.

Iker

Alrighty, I finally solved this particular issue.

I used the pre-written rule in /etc/udev/rules.d/99-usb.rules as a starter point.
ACTION==“add”, SUBSYSTEM==“usb”, DRIVER==“usb”, KERNELS==“1-1.3”, RUN+="/bin/sh -c ‘echo 1 > /sys/bus/usb/devices/1-1.3/bConfigurationValue’"

From the output of dmesg I knew my usb device was 1-1.1.2.3.
I then ran the command:
udevadm info --path=/sys/bus/usb/devices/1-1.1.2.3 --attribute-walk

This outputted all the attributes of the usb device so I could match them properly in the udev rule. I had to change KERNELS=“1-1.3” to KERNEL=“1-1.1.2.3” (no plural, just singular KERNEL) and then /sys/bus/usb/devices/1-1.3/bConfigurationValue to /sys/bus/usb/devices/1-1.1.2.3/bConfigurationValue.

My final rule looked like:

ACTION==“add”, SUBSYSTEM==“usb”, DRIVER==“usb”, KERNEL==“1-1.1.2.3”, RUN+="/bin/sh -c ‘echo 1 > /sys/bus/usb/devices/1-1.1.2.3/bConfigurationValue’"

This finally worked and successfully powered the usb port. I’m sure if I change ports I’ll probably have to write a new rule for that port.

1 Like