Nothing on dashboard for Ioniq

Hi

Are any of you Ioniq owners able to see anything on the dashboard of Autopi.io?
I don’t get anything, not even trips, speed, etc.

Thx.

\Mikael

1 Like

Hi Mikael

The logic that generates events from OBD2 results handles electric and hybrid cars poorly, due to the way engine running is detected by reading RPM from the engine.

As you can imagine on at least some electric vehicles, the RPM pid is not returning anything, and on hybrids, it will result in quite a few engine running/stopped events every time the engine stops.
We are working on an improved version of the module that decides when the engine is running or not.

Best regards
/Malte

Hi Malte

That makes sense.
So when the issues around recognizing start/stop has been resolved, we should be able to get most of the dashboard up and running?

And I guess the socketcan approach is the way you are going to solve this.

Thx. Malte, really looking forward to getting my autopi.io properly up and running.

\Mikael

2 Likes

Hi Mikael

Yes, and we have a few other things that should improve the usability of the platform regarding the logged data.

Best regards
/Malte

1 Like

@Mikael_Madsen
i bought Hyundai Kona EV, and I have Nissan Leaf 2.
i am very interest about Autopi but it seem not work. how about now ? I want to be sure before order. something work ? or nothing ? I know they seem work on a feature for EV car. so…
(sorry for my English, I am not , lol)

Hi
Waiting for every update for functions for my Hyundai Ioniq electric :slight_smile:
How is it going?
I have the Autopi since start , but have no use of it yet.
I can use hotspot for a while , but becaus Autopi not recognise when car is on it shut down when drive,
And then the position is wrong to , because it says i am still on road :smiley: