MBSprinter w906 CAN Problems

Hello,
my name is Simon and I drive a Sprinter van from 2018 (w906 316) and I can’t connect or auto detect any CAN Bus signal with my Dongle (Software version 2019.12.04).
Does anybody know what Baudrate and which Protocoll the Sprinter vans oder MB uses ?

Thanks in advance and greetings from Germany

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey Simon!

Sorry for the late reply. Have you found out the information you were looking for?

Nikola

1 Like

Hey Nikola,

I am sorry to say, that I did not find any Information I hoped to find.

Simon

Hey Simon!

Unfortunately, we don’t have much information about the vehicle you’re asking about, however if you take a picture of the female OBD II connector, so that the pins inside can be seen (there are metal pieces inside that shine a little bit when exposed to light). With that maybe we can give you a guess on which CAN protocols you need to explore further.

Best
Nikola

Hey Nikola,

here is a picture of the OBD 2 connector:

I hope you can see the things you wanted to see, the spot is not very easy to photograph.

Thanks in advance
Simon

Hi Simon.

Here’s a mapping from what we can see on your OBD II connector and what we found online:

And here’s the image we went by

It’s most likely that you should use the ISO 15765-4 Protocol (which is the 6th protocol currently in our system) with the CAN Sniffer. The most common baud rate for this protocol is 500.000 (five hundred thousand), so we suggest that you try this.

Best
Nikola

Hi. I’m also trying to sniff a Mercedes and it’s impossible because of the gateway. In other cars I have done it without problems.
Did you find a solution? Maybe we can gather information to make it satisfactory.

I’ve same issues with my car. It’s Suzuki Swift 2016

You need connect directly to can bus, you know? its easy to do if you unmount a cluster or radio.

i don’t understand what you mean about cluster and radio.