Ioniq BEV 28 kWh; staying awake, charging messages, CO2 usage

@jorgeli
Hi Jörgen,
I had some issues updating but it finally went through with some support. I had to force sleep it.
Now with the new version I got the tip from support how to configure it, I used option 1b.
I set it up day before yesterday and so far it has worked properly. I did it when charging so that it wouldn’t go to sleep for some reason while configuring.
I made the logger first (running every two minutes), waited some minutes to be sure that it had run a couple of times.
Then I disable the job for the sleep postponement and finally configured the power settings.

Here is the link to how to configure the logger and power settings:

1 Like

@jorgeli
Hi again Jörgen,
New update after changing the configuration; Works like a charm now with the latest (and the right configuration), has been running now for almost a week. Good work by the developers!
I decreased the time to got to sleep to three minutes (delay 180 seconds) as the critical level is reached before it goes to sleep for the Ioniq, don.t know about other cars.

Thats sounds lovely :slight_smile: I have tried to with the new configuration.
Very good work AndersO , with all help and support :smiley:

But still have problem with the LTE that not work at all.
I will try anoter provider this weekend and see how it works.
But i must say i feel very tired of my autopi now , because it has been problem and a experiment since the first day i get it.

HI Anders
Now i try a new provider and LTE is working better.
It must been something with the APN that not work good with my other provider.

I have now tried to set up power cycle for the Ionq , but tried 1A in your link you send me.
I find a RPM Pid in the library that i use in daschboard to , but i am not sure it was working so good in the setup.

What setup you use in 1B that make it work?

Regard Jörgen

@jorgeli
Hi Jörgen,
I made a copy (PIDs cannot be reused) of a PID that i know returns at all times when it is connected (SOC), but what i understand you can use any PID.
See screenshot:
36 PM 001
I made a logger on it (important to set the communication_event)
36 PM
And these are the power settings:
36 PM 002
37 PM 001

I can’t update my dongle, a new version is on queue but nothing works. I’ve tried to use minion update but with the same result. Someone can I help me? Thanks

@rfjbikini_rfjbikini
Hi, I had an issue updatinga as well since the dongle didnt go to sleep at all but shut down on critical voltage. I got the below from support (make sure that the dongle is on e.g. car running or charging):

From support: I am not exactly sure how your device is configured, but the update process is started when the device sleeps, and I can see on the device that it “knows” about the new update, it just haven’t started the process yet. The events from your device does not show any sleep events, ie. the current configuration might make it so that the device does not sleep, but instead goes to hibernate, and in that case, it does not start the update.

The easiest way to make it update might be to send the following command to make it go to sleep, at which point it will first apply the update, and then go to sleep.

power.sleep confirm=true

It will wake up after 1 minute as that’s the default interval, but you can set it to another value by using the argument

interval=seconds

You can see all the arguments here:

http://docs.autopi.io/commands/power/#powersleep

Best regards,
AutoPi.io Support

1 Like

Tanks, but I have error timeout has occurred

All commands give me error timeout

@rfjbikini_rfjbikini
Hi, I think it is because it goes to sleep, it did it for me as well but came back after some time after it had updated.