Hyundai Kona / Ionic EV

I’m not sure if that is strictly true - we certainly can’t listen on OBD and record/playback commands other components are issuing, but if we could discover the right commands to enable pre-heating in a different way, I suspect it would work.

Hyundai have a thing called a GDS … maybe if we could get hold of one there would be a way to record all sorts of commands.

1 Like

Not that I’ve found … but I did read that some folks are popping out the OBD connector so that the autopi can be pushed more easily inside.

Pin is necessary to active writing obd function

Hi
I get PIDs from my Hyundai Ioniq electric.
I try to run PID from library to central but it is error message that not can read or no data.

Have someone get anything useful that could work for EV?

Regard Jörgen

Battery information is only available ( at least on my Kona ) when the car is switched on ready to drive or charging. So maybe thats it.

Generally the PID library “Run” command works for me providing single quotes are added to the header.

I have a few configured for my Kona, but only a couple shared (so far).

1 Like

Thanks for response.:smiley:
I see if i can try more when the car is on , but i not get any PID from library that says something about charge or SOC or SOH :thinking:
This is what i get:
autopi

Ah. I added to the library for “Kona” only … not sure if its possible to share the same pid’s across car makes.

Anyways, you can add your own, I suspect it will be the same as the kona -

SOC -

• Name: SOC_Display
  • Mode: 220
  • Code: 105
  • Header: 7E4
  • Bytes: 54
  • Forumla: bytes_to_int(message.data[34:35])/2.0
  • Unit: %
  • Min: 0
  • Max: 100

SOH -

• Name: SOH
  • Mode: 220
  • Code: 105
  • Header: 7E4
  • Bytes: 54
  • Forumla: (bytes_to_int(message.data[28:29])*256+bytes_to_int(message.data[29:30]))/10.0
  • Unit: %
  • Min: 0
  • Max: 100
1 Like

I find that PID you share and try it , But no data .
But try again this weekend more and hope for result

Any success @jorgeli?

Sorry nothing . But i have not have so much time this weekend:hushed:

PNG

You can read value only when car is charging (actively) or when is turned on , no way in other stats. @plord all working , I suggest to @Malte a free choosing pid method to use value / not value to turn on autopi

( if autopi is alive you read NO VALUE , if sleeping TIMEOUT )

Hi
Now i have tried with the car on and one time when charge.
But i get another value and it is the same?
The car on
Screenshot_20190311-151141_Chrome

The car charging
Screenshot_20190311-162339_Chrome

A couple of thoughts -

1. try add in single quotes on the header ( ie header=‘7E4’ )
  2. dump the raw data first ( ie obd.query SOC_Display mode=220 pid=105 header=7E4 bytes=54 baudrate=500000 protocol=6 verify=false force=true ) - maybe this will give some hints at whats wrong
  3. If this is a Ioniq (rather than a kona ) try mode=21 pid=05

Thank you very much :pray::pray::+1: , I will try this later today

FYI :slight_smile: The quotes around the header is no longer needed, we pushed a release late last week that fixed the issue.

I just somehow managed to save the change log in the update announcement topic as draft instead of publish it…

1 Like

All working well for me but it seem I should do the request manually from command “run” from the library.
I tested SoC and it return 69.
I also create the loguer to have the value in the display but I am not sure he did the request every 30 sec.
My real problem is the dongle shutdown after 300 sec, I had let’s all power config same as origine. So 300. So normal. If something working (loguer) why he shut down ? My autopi work, so he should not do it or I misstenderstood something ?
How can I do for he stay awake when car is on ? image image image image

I don’t think it’s yet possible for AutoPi to recognise it’s connected to an EV. Currently (AFAIK) it’s looking for engine RPM>0. If true, it will stay on, else it turns off after set timeout.
You can extend that time in dongle advanced settings.

On the side note, I added state of charge (SOC) PID for Ioniq to Community library. I’ll try to add more but my programming skills are a bit low, if anyone could help me, I’d really appreciate that :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Malte
Hi, all is working well, but why the logger don’t make he’s job (every 30) ?
I should go to library, then send manuals send command “run” to have SoC in my case.
Logger don’t work yet ?

About work when is charge and go but not in other state , do you consider it ? Or is other thing

1 Like

@Remy_Tsuihiji check this out: Adding a new widget from scratch

Apparently the logger does it’s job as intended but only the dashboard shows data from every hour, not more precise.

1 Like