Hyundai Kona / Ionic EV

Do you have some news about it?

2 Likes

Hi Ricard

We are working on some changes to the whole way logging works, and a new feature that will make it possible for users to create proprietary PID’s, use them to log data, and share them to other users.
If everything goes according to plan, we expect to be able to include it in the next release.

Best regards
/Malte

5 Likes

We are waiting but nothing news is not a good help .
EV notify or similar do this work about 2 month ago, therefore is useful update community I suggest

1 Like

We should wait but I think autopi is best than ev notify because over LTE and upgradable and customizable

1 Like

How long ? … I be so doubt about a real progress

1 Like

Hi all,

So, the first part of the EV update is here. This update contains the possibilities to add your own codes specific to your EV. You can now add specific formulas to each code, to make sure it’s formatted correctly. This should make it possible for you to add a code, setup a logger for the code and then have the code visualized in the dashboard. See this guide on how to get started with everything:

The next update will contain more about how to configure the trips settings for the EV.

best

Peter

1 Like

Hi,

so I was wondering if the AutoPi has support for heating the Kona EV?

How about the issue regarding the OBD-II port and its distance to the cover. Are there any low profile extension cables you guys know of that might do the trick?

Peter please correct “quote” know issue soon as possible , as this is unusable system, also put a editable result query to every case

@erisol
Is not possible heating and every action command, only query ( ask ) command.
Il

About cable take long extension, port can be un mount to his position, and you can close panel .

I’m not sure if that is strictly true - we certainly can’t listen on OBD and record/playback commands other components are issuing, but if we could discover the right commands to enable pre-heating in a different way, I suspect it would work.

Hyundai have a thing called a GDS … maybe if we could get hold of one there would be a way to record all sorts of commands.

1 Like

Not that I’ve found … but I did read that some folks are popping out the OBD connector so that the autopi can be pushed more easily inside.

Pin is necessary to active writing obd function

Hi
I get PIDs from my Hyundai Ioniq electric.
I try to run PID from library to central but it is error message that not can read or no data.

Have someone get anything useful that could work for EV?

Regard Jörgen

Battery information is only available ( at least on my Kona ) when the car is switched on ready to drive or charging. So maybe thats it.

Generally the PID library “Run” command works for me providing single quotes are added to the header.

I have a few configured for my Kona, but only a couple shared (so far).

1 Like

Thanks for response.:smiley:
I see if i can try more when the car is on , but i not get any PID from library that says something about charge or SOC or SOH :thinking:
This is what i get:
autopi

Ah. I added to the library for “Kona” only … not sure if its possible to share the same pid’s across car makes.

Anyways, you can add your own, I suspect it will be the same as the kona -

SOC -

• Name: SOC_Display
  • Mode: 220
  • Code: 105
  • Header: 7E4
  • Bytes: 54
  • Forumla: bytes_to_int(message.data[34:35])/2.0
  • Unit: %
  • Min: 0
  • Max: 100

SOH -

• Name: SOH
  • Mode: 220
  • Code: 105
  • Header: 7E4
  • Bytes: 54
  • Forumla: (bytes_to_int(message.data[28:29])*256+bytes_to_int(message.data[29:30]))/10.0
  • Unit: %
  • Min: 0
  • Max: 100
1 Like

I find that PID you share and try it , But no data .
But try again this weekend more and hope for result

Any success @jorgeli?

Sorry nothing . But i have not have so much time this weekend:hushed:

PNG

You can read value only when car is charging (actively) or when is turned on , no way in other stats. @plord all working , I suggest to @Malte a free choosing pid method to use value / not value to turn on autopi

( if autopi is alive you read NO VALUE , if sleeping TIMEOUT )