HYUNDAI IONIQ5, will it work?

Hi,
I am interested in using it for Hyundai IONIQ5.
Anyone know if this can work on this vehicle?
Where is the OBD connection in IONIQ5?
And does the OBD supply power all the time or does it need extra power in order for it to always work?
Thanks.

Hi yosik,

I’m just starting to learn about autopi in the Ioniq 5. The OBD connection is under the steering wheel, it points down so you’d want an extension cable otherwise it would stick into your legs while driving/sitting.

There seems to be no issue powering the autopi from the Ioniq 5, however I’m still working through the steps of making sure it’s not sleeping when it’s supposed to be awake (it looks like these are standard setups for all BEVs on autopi). I’ve only tinkered briefly so far, but I do sucessfully have State Of Charge (SOC) coming from the autopi and into the autopi dashboard. So I think the rest is just a bit of time working out the rest.

1 Like

Hi! How are you?
I just got my AutoPi few days ago…
Did you succeed to do some reverse engineering or “control” some things? Like A/C, multimedia, doors, windows, lights, etc?

:pray::pray:

Hi Yosik,

Congrats on getting both an Ioniq 5 and an AutoPi. I haven’t dived back into this for a few months, but am still very interested in doing so. Really I’ve only got some basic sensors running, including ensuring the AutoPi is powered when it needs to be (when the car is on and when the car is charging). I have kept some notes here that may help you with your initial setup:

If you manage to progress further, say with more sensors or even control events - please let me know! (Or even contribute to my notes)

Hi,

thanks for the stuff regarding sleep :slight_smile:

I have a bit of a collection for data collection in a docker container (I can’t stand python 2.7)

It uses isotp to decode more data for one request.
It will get its own abetterrouteplanner as well, and all data will most probably will be pushed into Prometheus or an InfluxDB to show on Grafana.

My collection:

thanks my issue has been fixed.

1 Like