Hello-world examples for wrighting extensions to the autopi-core

Hi,

It would be great if there would be some initial “hello world” examples of setting up and adding extension code to the auto-pi core.
As a developer (mainly c#) the usually hardest part when entering a new project is getting the initial project setup running and being able to debug the code.
So if possible, getting some initial instruction how to setup a test environment/project for writing and debugging extensions would be nice to get in the Guides section.

For example a hello world use case like reading/consuming content from a connected Bluetooth device (using the RPI3´s Bluetooth connection) or reading from a connected USB device (USB drive or GPS puck,etc).
If that is to elaborate then simply getting the core-api running in a developer project/environment and being able to test-run the code would be the next best thing.

I have no previous experience with Python but I will be reading up over the holidays on Python and it would be more fun to be able to use AutoPi for the learning experience directly when starting to learn about coding with Python.

Br,
Mikael

1 Like

Hi Mikael,

We know that adding custom modules can require some work. As such we dont have a “hello world” example ready for you right now, simply because there are so many things you can do.

But we are working on a guide, where we will also include a small example of some working code. This will be added under the Guide section.

For now, my best recommendation is that you take a look at our github repo and see how we already structured things.

best
Peter

1 Like