Guide: Creating Custom Services

The contents of this guide have been moved to our documentation website here.

This thread will remain open for discussion.

1 Like

There is no option for setting the log level

Hi James!

To change the log level of the device, you can go to my.autopi.io and navigate to the Settings page. From there, go to the advanced system settings for your devices (Devices > Advanced > System). You should be able to see a Logging entry, where you’ll see a dropdown menu with all available log levels.

Please note that changing the logging setting to anything more than “Warning” might slow down the device.

Best
Nikola

I am trying to test the pip requirement. I have configured my custom code like this

. The syncing is failing without any details of what the problem is.

Fixed. The pip requirement will not install for some reason. But the messages are not helpful at all. If the pip is failing, then the error should be clear that that is the problem.

Hi James.

You can view the errors for the service installation if you go over to Advanced > Change History after you’ve synchronized the new changes with your device. There you should be able to see the failed change, which shows some feedback on why it’s failing.

In this case, it seems to be an issue with pip not being able to find and install the module for python2.7.

Best
Nikola

When I try this exact code. It fails with an error that protocol not supported.

When creating service, can I make sure or setup the logger for my_ service to write into particular file?

I have the same question as Dima. I would like to route my logging to a particular file for my service for debugging. Does anyone know how to do this?

Hello,

Is it still possible to create custom service with latest software please? I cannot see the option

Just go to Advanced > Services

https://my.autopi.io/#/services

1 Like

Ah, thank you, and then it appears in custom code.

It was the opposite previously (or at least I used to do the opposite way): one created a custom job as a service and then we saw the service…