Feature Request: Map Update

I’ve noticed the Dashboard of the AutoPi shows your speed and a map of your trip along with whatever other data you have there; however highlighting over the map at certain points doesn’t seem to show you information.

With my Vehicle Incident Capture System (VICS) im able to playback the video and also see the location of the vehicle at the time on a map, along with its speed, direction and accelerometer data… I feel like because the AutoPi has direct OBD communication, i should be able to do the same type of thing but also view things like coolant temperature, fuel level, and RPM.

Currently it seems extremely hard to line up the speed with locations on the map, and the speed graph seems to be missing a ton of information. I’ve changed my polling rate from 30 seconds to 1 second to help with this but it doesnt seem to make a difference.

I have the same problem. Changing the update rate in the autopi option is not reflected in the web ui. It’s Also really difficult to correlate the data. The web ui seem to be in early stage so i hope it will be better in the future.

1 Like

Hi @AndyT,

Excellent idea. We are in fact working on creating a way to highlight data in all widgets at the same time, to be able to get a better understanding of how and when the data was recording.

This will be a function like what you describe, where the position on the map is moved when you move the cursor over one of the graphs - or vice versa.

The function is currently being developed and will be released after the "OBD Library" and EV Support. These are the main subjects of our next release.

We really appreciate your ideas, so just keep them coming.

best
Peter

1 Like