EV car power management

Thanks @Manfred for your github package :slight_smile:

But I have a problem, I think that none of my cron are running, (exact configuration of your picture) and I added a cron for telegram alert for charging Receive charging alerts on your phone ( and smart watch ) but no telegram message (but i correctly tested my token and ID with a text command from a web brother) !

Is there a special action to activate cron system on autopi ? Because none of the event you created appears in the event log :frowning:

Thanks

Hi,

There is nothing special on cron jobs.
does anything work on my.autopi.io (Dashboard, Loggers) ?
Try reboot the dongle.

The rpi temp is working but none of my jobs. I will try to physically disconect the autopi to check if it is better :zipper_mouth_face:

But it’s a pain because I fixed it on the insolator of the under dash. Then I have to remove it

IMG_20200209_135503|666x500

@Manfred, I see that your cron_autostart is : “on the first day of every months at 01h00” but does it mean that I have to wait march 1st 01h00 for my job to start ? :thinking: It could explain why it is not actually working ? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

My rpi temperature is working but with " * * * * * " which means “every minutes all the time”.

You don´t need the autostart cronjob. The funtion my_autostart.autostart is only needed ONE time for creating the shelve variables. Call it manually is also OK. The monthly thing I checked only, because there is no cron-only-on-startup-option.
Maybe you need a reboot to activate your new cron jobs -> ask the autopi guys…

I found the problem ==> When I opened your .py files with notepad and copy/paste on the custom code, a problem appears because in all your file there is at each line a 4 blank character indent and it creates an error. I suppressed manually on each line on autostart.py and now one script is working (I have a postpone 30 min which appears every minutes)

Could you upload script without this indent ? because I suppressed it on the 3 files but I still have no event in the events log :frowning: then may be I didn’t correctly modify the indent…

$ my_autostart.test

‘my_autostart’ virtual returned False: unexpected indent (my_autostart.py,line 2)$ my_autostart.test

Hello everyone.
For this code to work it is necessary to create the file ManfredsPowerEvent.slv right?
Where and how can I create it?
Any help?

Thanks everyone.

Hi Joaquim,

it is done by the autostart cronjob. The funtion my_autostart.autostart is only needed ONE time for creating the shelve variables. Call it manually is also OK.

Ok. But cronjob is every run on start? It initialize every time that autopi recovery off sleep?

That´s fine, read the code comments…

Ok. Thanks.
Can you explain the webpage? How can i view the data? Cant understand.

Thanks

I think you mean this:

Hello.
Good morning.

Just found one problem in code “my_eventgen.py”.
Every line of the code have a extra TAB in the begiun of the line. Just try to correct by may be do some thing wrong. This code dont work for me. Every time give me timeout.

The “my_powervent” is working.

Can you may be give me a help?

Thanks.

Hi,

as you are the 2nd guy with problems, I updated the python files on my github (no leading tabs).

try the sub-programs instead of main “poll” program like this:
my_eventgen.get_bms $timeout=60

good luck
Manfred

Hello.

After cheking every sub program indidualy with seams that is working. I will try and give feedback.

Thanks.

Hello.
Just try and its working. After run individually every sub program, after that the code run ok.
Can anyone help me how can i integrate in a web page for visualization?

Thanks.

Hi Manfred.
Do you have the option that recharge the 12v battery when the kona is off enabled?? I think that the slow_charging event is keeping my autopi awake using your power settings :frowning:

Thanks.
Octavio.

Hi Octavio,

please see the my power settings at github:

And yes, I have the “Aux-Battery-Saver+” enabled (it is imortant!). See this post:

Yes. I have the power setting as you said in github. But the pi is awake. And in the event log I see de battery/discharging and battery/charging_slow events…

my powersettings only work when using scripts my_powerevent and cronjob.
I also get the “charging_slow” events, doesn´t matter.

good luck
Manfred