We want to setup our own back-end which can communicate with the AutoPi dongle. The back-end will in terms interface with a front-end e.g., homepage/App. The bandwidth doesn’t need to be high, sending data every ~minute is enough e.g., position, engine running flag.
What would be an easy setup for this? Some own thoughts
- AutoPi Dongle => AutoPi Cloud => (AutoPi HTTP API) => Own back-end
- AutoPi Dongle => AutoPi Cloud => (Webhooks) => Own back-end
- AutoPi Dongle => (4G on pi) => Own back-end
Is there an easier way forward? Some further questions
- Are webhooks and AutoPi HTTP API using the same protocol?
- Is it simple to access and use the 4G HW and SW library on the AutoPi?
- Is it possible to access obd/can data “directly” via the API using busses > read? Or should the communication firstly be setup on the AutoPi e.g. for reading engine rpm?