Dear Autopi Team
I am new to the Autopi environment and I am trying to implement a CAN listening device to “train myself”. I am planning to implement python code into the Raspberry. For the time being, I don’t need the cloud API.
Subject of the issue
My dongle always shuts down its WIFI Access Point after 15 minutes (but the GREEN LED of the Raspberry Pi 0 stays ON). The dongle is not connected to the internet. I am connected with Putty through the WIFI access point of the dongle. After reading some posts in this forum, I have tried the following actions:
- I have put a jumper to Force 5V on RPi always
- I have executed the command : autopi power.sleep_timer enable=false
- I have stopped the salt-minion service : sudo service salt-minion stop
- I have created a python script which invokes conn.noop() every 10 seconds since I have read that there is a mechanism which powers down the dongle when the watchdog is not refreshed
But the dongle still powers down after 15 minutes, even if I am connected with putty …
What should I do ?
(for the time being, I am trying to implement custom python scripts for reading the CAN bus to detect OBD messages - I am not using the cloud)
- What version is the dongle? (Find on software state page on my.autopi.io)
I am powering the dongle from a lab Power Supply providing 12,7V through the OBD connector.
Steps to reproduce
Tell us how to reproduce this issue.
Tell us what you expect should happen
I would expect that the dongle stays alive until I power is down
Tell us what happens instead
After 15 Minutes, the dongle shuts down …
Output of power.status command
If your issue is in any way related to the device shutting down or behaving in a unexpected way, please provide the output of the power.status command to help us diagnose the issue.
Run the command
in the terminal on local.autopi.io, and paste the result here.
If I execute the command before stoping the salt-minion service, I get the following:
ext_wake: ’ HIGH FOR 2000 ms’
uart_sleep: ’ 900 s’
uart_wake: ’ 0-30000 us’
vchg_wake: ’ +0.20V IN 1000 ms’
vl_sleep: ’ <12.20V FOR 240 s’
Do’s & dont’s
- Do not write your unit-id anywhere.
Many thanks for your help