Debug/Maintinace mode which can be activated locally

Hello,

I really want there was a Maintinance mode button available locally which would pause all Sleep Timers and thus keep the device active even if there is no RPM detected.
So that we could instead of sitting in the car waiting for an update to maybe happen, we can connect the device with a USB cable at home and troubleshoot.

As it is right now I have too many problems which are more connected to the device itself rather than its vehicle scanning features.

//Alexander

Hi Alexander

While we don’t have a maintenance mode, we have just added something that might help you achieve the same though.

The most recent version includes notifications about sleep timers, and the ability to postpone them.
A notification should come up if a sleep timer is detected, and notify you, with the option of postponing it.

Do let us know if you experience problems with this.
If it does not work, or if you receive a lot of notifications, then you can go try force updating, by clicking enqueue update, and clicking yes when it asks you if you want to force, then issue this command to make it run the update power.sleep confirm=true

Thank you for your feedback!

Best regards
/Malte

Hello,

While its not like what I meant, I am not sure how this helps me.
Where does the Notifications appear? On the cloud site or in the local view?

My major problem now is that my device dosent update (and havent done in several weeks) nor har it communicated with the Cloud service in 8 days. While I can sit in the car trying to export logs or run commands, its not really that optimal. Especially with the Engine running.
Would the command power.sleep confirm=true really help in this situation?
and how do I undo the change once i am done?
Would the change be transferred to next patch in that case?

//Alexander

Hi Alexander

The sleep notifications will appear both on local.autopi.io and my.autopi.io

The power.sleep confirm=true command will simply make the device go to sleep, but it also checks if there is any pending updates and applies them, It’s simply a way to make it apply the update now, instead of waiting for it to sleep by itself.

Best regards
/Malte

1 Like

wow, that would have been good to know when I actually tried to upgrade it manually :confused:
But I will try that after re-flash (unless the last image is the latest version)