Wow, what a great project! It might be exactly what I am looking for, but perhaps not. Hope to find out soon.
I am in the process of converting my 1967 Volvo Amazon wagon to full electric.
It does not have OBD2 of course, but I will be implementing CAN-BUS for example for the battery management system. My questions are:
- Can I just add a female OBD2 connector to my wiring loom, connect CAN H to pin 6, CAN L to pin 14, car battery (13,5V) to pin 16 and ground to pin 4 and be able to use the AutoPi?
- How can I read and use “raw” CAN messages from the bus? My car will probably not have any of the standard/default PID’s like the OEM cars have. For example, the state of charge, amperes out, regen amps, temperatures, etc will be on the CAN-BUS with known ID’s. Can I visualise those in widgets?
- What CAN bus protocols to you support? CAN 2.0 A/B? And what speeds?
- Can I also use AutoPi to send CAN Messages under certain conditions to trigger events? (eg I intend to have an Arduino for PWM outputs perhaps controlled by CAN).
- And can I set the HDMI resolution output in a config? My screen is 800x480 and does not have a scaler.