Cellular Sim problem

Hello everyone, I recently bought autopi, the Wi-Fi connection has no problems. My device has a problem with the cellular apn connection.

I perform the following steps:

1. Insert my sim card into the device.
  2. Set the operator apn.
  3. Register my device in auto pi cloud.
  4. The device fails to connect to autopi cloud.

If I connect by wifi hospot to the car if I have internet.

I attach the log messages that I am getting.

Jan  5 23:44:34 autopi-74a26923b5d7 salt-minion[373]: [ERROR   ] Didn't receive expected response from modem: +CMGL: 1,"REC READ","CLARO","","22/12/23,17:35:54-20"
Jan  5 23:44:39 autopi-74a26923b5d7 salt-minion[373]: [ERROR   ] Didn't receive expected response from modem: +CMGL: 1,"REC READ","CLARO","","22/12/23,17:35:54-20"
Jan  5 23:44:44 autopi-74a26923b5d7 salt-minion[373]: [ERROR   ] Didn't receive expected response from modem: +CMGL: 1,"REC READ","CLARO","","22/12/23,17:35:54-20"
Jan  5 23:44:49 autopi-74a26923b5d7 salt-minion[373]: [ERROR   ] Didn't receive expected response from modem: +CMGL: 1,"REC READ","CLARO","","22/12/23,17:35:54-20"
Jan  5 23:44:54 autopi-74a26923b5d7 salt-minion[373]: [ERROR   ] Didn't receive expected response from modem: +CMGL: 1,"REC READ","CLARO","","22/12/23,17:35:54-20"

Greetings from Ecuador

Hi @fdquinones,

Great to connect with you. I’m sorry to hear that you have trouble with the cellular connection.

Can you reach out to support@autopi.io? They can help you for sure.

Best
Peter

Thank you very much for your answer. I inform you that I have already sent the email with all the information related to this problem.

Greetings from Ecuador

When you go to your provider for example Verizon they can use a 5g sim however they need to program it with a lte services not on a 5g plan. I found this out when they reprogrammed my new sim on a LTE only iPad. The only problem left if antennas it can’t maintain its connection.

Command executed successfully

Command: cmd.run_all qmi-manager up

Exit code: 0

[/dev/cdc-wdm0] Device model retrieved:

Model: ‘LE910C4-WWXD’

[WARN] Command failed with exit code 1: qmicli --device-open-qmi --device /dev/cdc-wdm0 --nas-get-serving-system | grep -q “Registration state: ‘registered’”

Loading profile at /etc/qmi-network.conf…

APN: vzwinternet

APN user: unset

APN password: unset

IP type: 4

qmi-proxy: no

Checking data format with 'qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --wda-get-data-format '…

Device link layer protocol retrieved: raw-ip

Getting expected data format with ‘qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --get-expected-data-format’…

Expected link layer protocol retrieved: raw-ip

Device and kernel link layer protocol match: raw-ip

Starting network with 'qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --wds-start-network=apn=‘vzwinternet’,ip-type=4 --client-no-release-cid '…

Saving state at /tmp/qmi-network-state-cdc-wdm0… (CID: 3)

Saving state at /tmp/qmi-network-state-cdc-wdm0… (PDH: 2247318512)

Network started successfully

udhcpc: started, v1.30.1

No resolv.conf for interface wwan0.udhcpc

udhcpc: sending discover

udhcpc: sending select for 100.90.35.110

udhcpc: lease of 100.90.35.110 obtained, lease time 7200

Too few arguments.

Going into SIM configuration flow

Going to put device in operating mode online…

[/dev/cdc-wdm0] Operating mode set successfully

Connection up

Hi

I am getting my mobile connected to the device but with no internet.
I then open local.autopi.io and login to make the required changes for the APN setting.
I selected Reliance net and no other details I filled all are default as per predefined suggestions from Auotpi.
But when saving it throws an error that the sim is not detected although the sim was inserted correctly as per the screenshot on the getting started guide. I even off the cellular data and tried but same result.

is for reliance Jio the APN name is correct although I tried with reliance Wap but had no luck.

Somebody suggested could be the sim is too thin to get connected with pins so apply tape on the back of SIM and try but still the same. The sim works fine in cellular.

Any help, please?

Thanks
pawan

Hi Pawan

Thank you for your interest in our device, we appreciate that.

For starters, we have updated the getting started guide, which might be of help to you.

Did you verify that you have setup your APN settings correct? To do this, you connect to your AutoPi hotspot, and then you open your browser on your phone and go to any webpage. If it loads, your device is online and has started uploading data to the AutoPi Cloud.

If this doesn’t work, please feel free to contact our amazing support team, and they will gladly help you.

Regards,
Tony, AutoPi

This topic was automatically closed 33 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.