Car alarm connection to the Autopi

It would be great to be able to connect the alarm of my car to the autopi. The perfect behaviour I am imaging is: the alarm is activated and signals the autopi through some configurable signal… then, the autopi would wake up and produce an event.
Then, I would be able to configure autopi cloud to send me a message when this event is produced.

Any ideas on how this could be achieved?

The first step is figuring out if your car produces a message or state change that can be detected by the AutoPi. If that doesn’t happen there’s not much that can be done and it depends entirely on the car. You could research your car model and year to see if someone else has done it (keywords to search for would be car model, generation/year, alarm, ODBII, CAN bus) or experiment by listening for messages while intentionally setting off your alarm.

Thank you Chris!

In my case, my alarm is external and not connected to the CANBUS , so no info will arrive through the OBD. Could I connect the siren cable to a port in the rpi gpio pin to detect the activation of the alarm?

Thanks again!

This topic was automatically closed 33 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.