Can you get Apple Carplay to work with this sotfware?

Hello, I was thinking about buying a Autopi for my car but I could not find anything that talked about Apple Carplay, which is a feature I would greatly like to have. I have seen people do Apple Carplay on raspberry pi’s before but never with the Autopi system as well. Was just curious if this was even possible and if so how, I am not a techno wizard, so if you know how to do this please let me know in detail. Thanks

Hi @David_Burgfechtel,

That is a cool project idea! At AutoPi we always encourage our customers to tinker with their devices. This also goes for creating new software that will integrate with the AutoPi dongle.

If it’s possible to run Apple CarPlay on a normal Raspberry Pi, then it’s definitely possible to run it on an AutoPi dongle.

For your particular situation, it would be possible to to hook up a touch screen device and then set up a graphical environment to make way for the Apple Carplay application. You can take a look at this guide for more information on this topic.

In this case, you would need a USB hub so you can connect both the touchscreen and your iPhone to the device.

Please keep us posted on your progress!

Happy hacking,
Dragos

I think you may be after this, which is another RPi project but mainly aimed towards Apple Carplay and Android Auto instead of the OBD interface.