Bluetooth AutoPi

Hi all,

Can someone help me how to connect Bluetooth in AutoPi as I don’t see on my iPhone any available devices.

Also on website is advertised that AutoPi support Hyundai Kona but after connecting I’m getting only gps info and battery level.
I’m new user or AutoPi I will appreciate any help.

Thank you so much
Marcin

Hi Marcin,

Welcome to the forum.

In the next release, coming in a couple of day, you can enable bluetooth directly from the Cloud Advanced settings.

This will make it easier for you to start working with.

best
Peter

Thank you Peter for quick response would be great to have that. Also could you advice how to add as advertised on website

We support a wide range of Electric Vehicles. Use the AutoPi to implement functions such as these

State of Charge (SoC)

Monitor detailed charge information and keep track of the best possible charge stategy for your vehicle

Battery health

Get information about battery health, to keep your battery in the best possible condition

Remote charge notifications

Monitor charge status remotely from a smartphone or tablet

Driving power

Keep track of driving power to see what is draining your battery

Driving range per charge

Calculate estimated driving range per charge, based on historical driving data

Eco driving

Implement eco driving features to optimize range of your battery

Can get any of this
I will appreciate your help

Regards
Marcin

Hi Marcin,

Yes absolutely.

In the community library you need to look for the commands supporting your car. See this guide on how to use the library:

You can then add these commands to your dashboard in order to get the information you want from your car. See this post on how to do that:

To receive the charge notification on your phone (or any other external device), see this post made by one of our users:

To get the CO2 emission from the car, see this post:

best
Peter

Unfortunately can’t get anything what was advertised no data coming from the car …
Can you have look please
Thank you

I can’t get any data from car
Autopi doesn’t auto-detect any can buses.
Please anyone help

Peter

I update device no luck with Bluetooth I turn on I believe in the settings and can’t find device.

I start thinking that is something wrong with AutoPi

I go follow the steps from the forum and just getting data as location, AutoPi battery state , obd battery state and voltage nothing else…

Please advise what I can do as added everything but no other data from the car…

Maybe someone from community could help please

Regards
Marcin

Hi Peter

so after few hours i figure out that I’m getting data only when car is on and I run in terminal
after adding that community library to my library I’m going to loggers I press create .
after dashboard data is show when i configuring widgets but when is added doesn’t show anything strange …

please help
ps no bleutooth
regards
Marcin

Hi Marcin,

Did you get it working.

In the latest release we’ve added support for enabling blueetooth via the advanced settings in the AutoPi Cloud. Please check this.

As another new feature, you can also use the AutoPi as an EML327 proxy and send datat to your favorite car scanner apps.

best
Peter

No luck Peter with Bluetooth it’s on in autopi but can’t find on my iPhone no new devices

Please help

Regards
Marcin

Hi, I have the same problem, autopi updated, bluetooth active, no possibility of connection, I attach screenshots.

Annotazione 2020-02-04 125508
Annotazione 2020-02-04 125655

I try more times but Bluetooth connection from autopi doesn’t work…

today I try this procedure…

How to setup Bluetooth on a Raspberry Pi 3
Source: https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-setup-bluetooth-on-a-raspberry-pi-3/

The Raspberry Pi 3 comes with Bluetooth 4.1, but it doesn’t work out of the box. Here’s how to get Bluetooth up and running on the latest Raspberry Pi.

Terminal

• Type sudo bluetoothctl then press enter and input the administrator password.
  • Next, enter agent on and press enter. Then type default-agent and press enter.
  • Type scan on and press enter one more time. The unique addresses of all the Bluetooth devices around the Raspberry Pi will appear and look something like an alphanumeric XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX. If you make the device you want to pair discoverable (or put it into pairing mode), the device nickname may appear to the right of the address. If not, you will have to do a little trial and error or waiting to find the correct device.
  • To pair the device, type pair [device Bluetooth address]. The command will look something like pair XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX.
  • If you’re pairing a keyboard, you will need to enter a six-digit string of numbers. You will see that the device has been paired, but it may not have connected. To connect the device, type connect XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX.
  • Now you can toss that ancient wired keyboard in the junk drawer of your desk until you reflash your Raspberry Pi tomorrow.

News: nothing to do, even if I connect Bluetooth via terminal OBD data does not pass. so I suspect there are problems in the AutoPi software

Please fix the problem with Bluetooth as doesn’t work
Autopilot is sold with Bluetooth so should work out of the box .

Regards
Marcin

Hi Marcin,

If you’ve enabled Bluetooth from the settings menu, then it should work out of the box.

If it doesn’t then please reach out to support@autopi.io, then they will investigate.

If you are trying to setup communication with a 3rd party app (torque), then this is only possible through WiFi. So you’d have to setup your app to listen on the WiFi connection.

best
Peter