Autopi not providing enough voltage to raspberry pi 3

I have the autopi connected to raspberry pi 3 through a RPi3 adapter and powered on using a 13.5 V OBD connector power supply.

I am constantly seeing Undervoltage_detected text when the pi boots up and a yellow lightning bolt sign flashing on the top right of the screen which also denotes the same.

Any idea why this is happening or how to work around this?

Hi @rohit21agrawal,

What type of power supply are you using? Depending on what additional equipment you have connected, you need to use a power supply with more the 2A supply.

best
Peter

@Peter I have a power adapter that supplies 13.5 V and 2.5A . I have an external monitor hooked up along with a keyboard and a mouse.

So after flashing AutoPi-Core on my card, i am getting this20190406-012253848-iOS

I use power supply with 15V/2,67A and I had the same problem after upgrade to RPi3. I “solved” it by:

avoid_warnings=2

in the file /boot/config.txt

But you have to change this value every update because when update AutoPi core the file /boot/config.txt is replaced to default. This is one of disadvantage of the AutoPi. You cannot persistent modify configuration files. I had to write a script which keep changes in configuration files that I want to keep modified (e.g. iptables, /boot/config.txt, /etc/hostapd/hostapd_uap0.conf, /etc/modprobe.d/ipv6.conf(bak), /etc/dhcpcd.conf, /usr/bin/qmi-manager, /etc/sysctl.conf and so on:slightly_frowning_face:)

Sorry for my bad English.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.