AutoPi for MUTII/JOBM Japanese Imports

HI, I’m new here, and unfortunately don’t have a car to be testing AutoPi just yet. But I am looking at buying a Japanese import.

Does anyone know if AutoPi has any support or could have support in the future with development for Japanese Import cars that use MUTII/JOBM protocol? My understanding is it may use the same OBMII connector however the protocol that communicates is different to that of OBMII. Also I believe the fault codes are different.

There is a tool called https://evoscan.com/ which apparently has the database for faults and methods of communicating for these vehicles.

I have copied this directly from their site…

EvoScan Supported Vehicles:

ALL USA / EUROPE / JAPAN Mitsubishi and Subaru Vehicles.

ALL Mitsubishi Vehicles with a 16pin OBDII connector, all Mitsubishis from 1994 onwards have one of these.

ALL Mitsubishi Vehicles with a 12pin connector, all Mitsubishis from 1989 - 1994 have one of these.

JDM / AU / USA / EU
1994-2013 Mitsubishi
OBDII / MUTII / MUTIII
JDM / AU / USA / EU
1989-2008 Subaru
SSMI / SSMII
JDM / AU / USA / EU
1989-1994 Mitsubishi
OBD1/MUT1/ALDL/Hybrid

Hi Matt

I have looked into this, and I have not been able to find anything that indicates if ELM327 OBDII supports the mentioned protocols.

If you happen to figure out more details about this, feel free to update this post.

Best regards
/Malte

I’v tried the Autopi on my Mitsubishi Legnum VR4, import from Japan.
Mitsubishi uses MUTII, and the Autopi could communicate with the car. - No could other “cheap” EML327 ODB…

1 Like