API - Multiple fields for /logbook/storage/read/

Hi All,

Just wondering if there is a mechanism that I can use to get all of the “raw values”… for a Trip or DateTime range.

I would like to specify a Trip Id and possibly a list of Fields and have the API return back all of the field values for that trip; and/or for a Device (with date range).

The reason for this, is I want to plot a trip on a Map. So I need the raw location readings for the single trip. Now I want to change the color of the line based on the Speed of the vehicle (imagine a gradient from black to red, the more red it is, the faster the vehicle was travelling), and then finally I want to draw circles on the map where the Accellerometer had “significant” events, or big changes; possibly indicating pot holes.

it seems like logbook/storage/read and storage/raw only allow one field, and its tied to the device (and not trip).

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

-Rob

Rob, great question - did you ever solve the problem ?

While it’s not possible to get data from a specific trip id, you can simply get the trips that you need, and then use the start and end time from the trip, to query the storage endpoints.

That will give the exact same result.

Best regards
/Malte

1 Like

This is exactly what I ended up doing. It is a bit of an expensive operation and quite time consuming, especially if you want to pull down quite allot of historical data but at least it works.

@rob.chartier,

I ended up doing the same, however I now maintain the data I need to query in Mongo DB - (I have an object for each 5 minute window that contains each of the fields I am monitoring) I have come to the conclusion disk space is cheaper than my time to learn complex mongo queries so simply update the object with the trip data - Having come from a relational background the notion of storing redundant data is difficult to come to terms with but it works