Adding a new widget from scratch

The contents of this guide have been moved to our documentation website here.

This thread will remain open for discussion.

2 Likes

Hi, a lot of very precise informations in you guide! nice work!

In the last step, there is a “Field” value which is ‘obd.speed.value’ in your screenshot.
If I follow your guide, I cannot see this kind of value in the PID editor nor in logger editor.
Could you clarify where ‘Field’ value is coming from when we create our own PID.

Best,

Hi @exec1216,

The Widget field will only show field values for data you already logged. The widget is able to preanalyze your already logged data and give you suggestions to what to set the field value to.

This is why you need to setup the loggers before creating the widgets and why the loggers need to have “logged” some data before you can visualize it.

The name of the field is generated from the name of the PID. So in my example above, the PID would have a name called “SPEED”.

best
Peter

2 Likes

Hi Peter,
what would I have to do in order to get readings more detailed? Currently I added a state of charge PID for Ioniq EV but I can only see readings every full hour. I have set the logger to run every few seconds.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @Nejc_Koncan

The loggers will log at the interval you have specified.

However, when the widgets pull data from the API they will try to compress data into a lower amount of data points to minimize data strain on the API.

An example could be that you’ve had 5000 measurement within an day, but these are compressed into 24 datapoints to minimize the amount of data needed to be pulled from the API.

This is pure visualization and does not mean that your data is not logged correctly. To check that you can always pull the data directly from our raw API.

best
Peter

2 Likes

Oooh ok, I’ll try to make a flow in Node-Red to get the data directly.

Thank you :slight_smile:

how to pull data to my row api ?

How does the converter in a logger work? I want to return 0 when the result from the PID is ‘no_data’

1 Like

For clarity, are the loggers also available for custom services.

What’s the unit on the Interval field? Seconds? Milliseconds? Minutes?

Hello,

The interval is a float and is calculated in seconds.
If you want to set an interval to less than a seconds you will have to set it as 0.5, for every half a second.

Regards,
Alexandru

1 Like

My widget shows 7 days ! just the time not the date. have no idea what day it is for time and no way to find it easy without doing custom. would be nice if the flag data show date too