Accelerometer Wake On Motion // How to activate?

Hello,

I’ve been working with AutoPi since a week now. It’s quiet stunning to read and analyse all of thoses CAN ID. But for now I would like to know how to set up the “Wake On Motion” configuration. It’s not visible in “AutoPi->Advanced->Settings->Accelerometer” so I have been trying (on the terminal) things like :

accelerometer.wake_on_motion.mode: enabled

But I keep getting ‘’‘accelerometer.wake_on_motion.mode:’’ is not available.’
I’m learning python (and coding) at the same time so don’t go to hard on me please,

Have a good day,

Alexandre

Hi Alexandre,

Thank you for posting about your experience with AutoPi, and congratulations on your progress so far. It’s great to see that you are delving into the world of CAN ID analysis and exploring the features of AutoPi.

Regarding your question about the “Wake On Motion” configuration. Unfortunately, this feature is not available for all versions of the AutoPi device.

To set up “Wake On Motion” using the Cloud you have to go to Advanced->Settings->Accelerometer and then see it at the bottom.

If you can’t see it, then it means that you have a newer version of the device which doesn’t support the feature. If you receive the error message ‘’‘accelerometer.wake_on_motion.mode:’’ is not available.’ that’s because the command does not exist.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns. Or look at our documentation regarding this, it might help you.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,
/Tony, AutoPi