4G internet setup troubleshooting

The contents of this guide have been moved to our documentation website here.

This thread will remain open for discussion.

Hi

I followed your steps.
Unfortunately the last command does not work:

grafik

As you can see on the screenshot it gives me:
“An error occurred. Received INTERNAL SERVER ERROR from server.”

Any advice would be much appreciated

kind regards
Tobias

Hi

After playing around with commands qmi.cell_info and qmi.system_info i found out that HSDPA+ is not supported. I had to activate the LTE option with a new mobile plan and voila it is working.

kind regards
Tobias

Hi Tobias,

I’m glad you got it figured out. In case you have anything else, just send a message to support and they will be able to help you also.

br
Peter

Hi Tobias,

I am getting similar problems with my SIM card. (Error while bringing up minion for multi-master. Is master at hub01.autopi.io responding?)

I am in Canada and using Bell as Cellular network. Connection to the network is working but I am getting very high latency. Would you mind sharing the output of qmi.system_info for your current setup?

It seems that my SIM card is configured for HSDPA+ (hsdpa-hsupa), but LTE is not enabled. You will find below the output of qmi.system_info command on my AutoPi.

Thanks in advance.

qmi.system_info
[/dev/cdc-wdm0] Successfully got system info:
WCDMA service:
True Status: ‘available’
Preferred data path: ‘no’
Domain: ‘cs-ps’
Service capability: ‘cs-ps’
Roaming status: ‘off’
Forbidden: ‘no’
Location Area Code: ‘XXXXX’
Cell ID: ‘XXXXXXXX’
MCC: ‘XXX’
MNC: ‘XXX’
HS call status: ‘(null)’
HS service: ‘hsdpa-hsupa-supported
Primary scrambling code: ‘XXX’
Cell broadcast support: ‘off’
Call barring status (CS): ‘all-calls’
Call barring status (PS): ‘all-calls’
Cipher Domain: ‘ps’
LTE service:
True Status: ‘none’
TD-SCDMA service:
True Status: ‘none’
SIM reject info: ‘available’"

Hi I have same problem sim not connect to autopi

Hi @Ritesh_Dilipkumar,

Have you tried the terminal commands described in troubleshooting guide above?

best
Peter

I followed your steps.
Hot-spot is working and the dongle appear sto be connected to the cloud and appears to be talking to the car (it’s a 2018 Ioniq EV so that may be adding a wrinkle):
IMG_0987

However, my.autopi.io is not getting any data and shows it as not connected (this is connecting to my.autopi.io through the hot-spot)
IMG_0982

Any help or hints would be appreciated.

qmi-manager status:
IMG_0989

qmi.system_info and qmi.cell_info:
IMG_0992

The end of minionutil.last_logs:
IMG_0991

Hi Stuart

What provider are you using?

Best regards
/Malte

Hi Malte,

Rogers (Canada).

Thanks,
Stuart

What more can I provide you to help? I’m still not connected.

Hi Stuart

Can you send an email to support@autopi.io?

Best regards
/Malte

I’ve tried many times and different ways to working the Autopi with SIM but doesn’t work also for me.

I’m located in Italy and I’ve correctly setup the APN with mobile.vodafone.it my carrier is Vodafone. I’ve tested the SIM into mobile phone and works correctly with very high signal. I’ve also remove SIM PIN from mobile phone and put again into AutoPI but doesn’t work. The SIM is correctly inserted into the Autopi because I can hear also the standard “click” of sim plug in.

The AutoPI works correctly in Wifi but I need to use SIM card and not WiFi. I’ve also followed the instruction wrote here and the modem is correctly identified with 2c7c:0121

When I tried to run the next command cmd.run “qmi-manager status” the command is not recognized.

I’ve also tried cmd.run “qmi-manager up” and cmd.run “qmi-manager down” but unfortunately give errors.

Could you kindly help me please?

1 Like

Today I’ve purchased TIM italian SIM that is supported in your list but unfortunately after paing fee of SIM also this have problem to connect to cloud.

I’ve used the standard already saved APN wap.tim.it

Please help me

This is the screenshot after the command launched locally.

Seems that the modem is installed but could not find the SIM card. The error in the first screen is NO SIM CARD PRESENT. 46 15

Support could you help me?

Hi Matteo,

I can see that you’ve already in progress with support, so lets take the discussion there.

The APN settings for TIM Italy is: ibox.tim.it

Best
Peter

Hello,
I tried to register ‘internet’ for my SALT Swiss SIM (cf. APN Salt) but impossible to connect to internet… any help i tried cmd.run "qmi-manager down" cmd.run "qmi-manager up" ?
Thanks